Part 3

Something once done once and enjoyed becomes infinitely repeatable, as is human nature. If an individual were to select a delicious cookie from a dish and enjoy it greatly, what harm would come in taking another and then another until there were no cookies left on the dish?

And in the case of infinite cookies, there really wasn't any purpose in restraining oneself at all.

Cale felt like he'd found infinite cookies in the company of Roksu.

It wasn't actually that they had sex all that often, although after that first time the skinship between them had increased dramatically and now it was fairly normal for him to nap leisurely in Roksu's lap while the man read yet another book.

Honestly harem life was the best.

He drank what he wanted, ate what he wanted, indulged in Roksu's pleasant company, and when he got horny he was able to enjoy the other man's company in a different way.

Roksu was somewhat unique in Cale's line of conquests. He was a quick learner but clearly had lacked experience. He never lost his control or did anything to hurt Cale, sometimes to his disappointment, and he was always very clear about his limits.

Roksu had absolutely no trouble telling him no when he didn't want to and that comforted Cale oddly, even if sometimes it left him a bit frustrated. It meant that every time Roksu had indulged with him, he'd really wanted to and that shouldn't have made Cale's heart flutter but it did.

Perhaps that was part of the reason he enjoyed it so much when his partners lost control. It was a confirmation that they wanted him so badly that they couldn't contain themselves. It appeased the insecure part of him that still felt wretched from time to time.

He'd never imagined receiving that same validation through being told no from time to time.

...still, there was a bit of pleasure to be found in pain that Roksu apparently just didn't understand. Cale wondered if he'd ever be able to persuade the stubborn man to see things his way.

It also caused Cale's problem to drift to the other problem.

Three months was an awfully long time to completely ignore your own harem. Cale had half a mind to find the stupid crown prince just to hear an explanation.

He felt a bit cheated. Those early nights of anxiety wondering when and how without any answer and apparently the crown prince had created the harem with the intention of ignoring it. It wasn't like he needed to fuck the crown prince but geez, he'd come here with a certain amount of expectation that would be what he'd do. He'd prepared himself for it physically and emotionally and accepted his new role in life and then, bam, nothing.

What a damn scam.

Roksu's hand touched his head comfortingly, petting his hair as he kept his focus on the book in his hand. He'd already had the library within the harem extended a few times through requests. "You're working yourself up again." He said.

"...how would you know that? You're still reading your dumb book." Actually the books Roksu asked for were usually quite interesting. Cale had taken to reading a few over his shoulder or even picking up a volume himself. They were certainly better than those embarrassing romance novels filled cover to cover with smut.

The smut Cale could handle, it was all the gushy declarations of love that made him itchy.

"It's hard not to notice." Roksu said simply and Cale had to wonder about that.

He knew that most people didn't understand his moods well. Very few people had ever just noticed when he was sad or agitated or upset and mindlessly comforted him.