"I've heard a lot about you." He said with a thick Spanish accent. "Nate bought me a plane ticket for today and he left me a letter for you and me."

My mouth parted, and Nathaniel knew what was going to happen. Tobias reached inside his coat pulling out a white envelope with my name spelled out in his handwriting, I never thought I'd see his handwriting again. I took the letter from his hand and rested it against my growing stomach.

"Thank you." I said while nodding my head, he puts his sunglasses back on.

Donovan placed his hand on my back and led me through the crowd of people, we stood next to the coffin with his parents beside us. To my surprise I saw Aziel standing across facing me, he had a regular black suit on and his eyes fell on my stomach. After everything we had found out he's the one that helped Nathaniel with the bomb, he didn't betray us.

Nathaniel's coffin was filled with purple flowers, purple was his favorite color. His cross necklace was wrapped around my hand, my lips gently pressed against the cold mental as tears fell from my eyes. I walked over the grass to his coffin, it felt like I was floating outside my body. I never wanted to go through any of this, I just wanted him.

"We'll meet again, baby." I whispered while gently laying his necklace against the top of his coffin, my hand stayed on his coffin for a couple of seconds and it almost felt like I was touching his chest again.

I stepped back and allowed everyone else to say their goodbyes, Tobias stepped forward and reached behind his neck removing the same cross necklace and placing it with Nathaniel's. I watched carefully as he whispered a few words to his coffin, he left his necklace there and walked away.

My hand stayed on my stomach as they lowered the coffin 6ft under, I could taste my salty tears and my heartbreak. We stayed there for a few extra minutes, just watching the sky change colors and the wind grow stronger.

Everyone was starting to leave but I needed to read my letter here with him, I need to be here with him for this.

"I'll take her home after." Tobias says.

Donovan looked at him, Tobias placed his hand over his shoulder. "She'll be safe with me." He said.

Donovan still didn't look too convinced, he's extremely protective, especially with everything that happened.

"I'll be okay, Donny." I told him.

"Okay." He nods before gently kissing my forehead, he walked away with his hands inside his pockets.

Tobias stood behind me at a safe distance, I sat right next to Nathaniel's grave with his letter in my hand. My hands were shaking, I was scared to face his last words again but I needed to for closure. I inhaled deeply before opening the envelope, a quiet sob escaped my mouth when I saw his handwriting. My hand trapped my mouth trying to silence my pain, I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds before reopening them.

'My dearest, Genevieve

My life was never mine until I met you, you taught me how to love and how to be loved. I promised you forever and unfortunately, this is my forever, I knew what I had to do and I knew how much it'll hurt you in the end and for that, I am truly sorry mi amor. Throughout my life I have done evil things, unforgiving things and I need to pay for them so please understand why I couldn't let you or anyone else pay for my sins. I transferred over 10 million dollars into your account, take the money and leave this world behind you, leave me behind, please.

Someday you'll be happy again, and you'll walk along the shore and you'll manage to fall in love again. I want you to have that normal life, the life where your husband comes back from work with tons of paperwork instead of guns, I want him to take you on long walks along the beach without worrying about what enemy might be watching, and eventually, you'll start a family, a family that will not be watched by enemies. Use that money for your future children, and make sure they have everything they need starting with private schools and ending with an honest career. You could talk about me, or you could keep our love a secret but as long as you don't forget me because I wouldn't be able to deal with that.

Tobias made me a promise tonight, he promised to keep you safe and never make you feel alone, and I know he'll do right by you because he's done right by me.

In the future, in another life maybe we'll meet again, and I'll be a different man with a different career and you'll be a different woman with the same personality that I love so deeply and we'll just know that we're meant to be together. We'll have a family, we'll buy our own house, we'll send our boys off to college and then we'll grow old together. I can't wait for that, and I'll hold on to that forever.

I'd rearrange the stars just to be with you one last time and maybe this letter is a way of me being there. Just know that I will forever and always love you, Chula.

P.S, make sure your kids aren't shitty people.'

I laughed at the last part, and the palm of my hand wiped away my tears. I brought the letter to my chest, it felt like him and I wanted him. My fingers skimmed over the picture of us attached to the letter, we had a picture together. My head tilted back as tears rolled off my cheeks, it hurt more than anything to have to leave and never see him again.

"I'd rearrange the stars too, baby." My shaky voice whispered.

Tobias moved closer and bent down to sit next to me, he didn't say anything but started at the grave. He brought his knees to his chest and crossed his arms over his legs. I looked at him and saw the pure pain in his eyes, he was struggling too. I leaned closer to him and place my head against his shoulder, he harshly wiped his tears away.

"I loved him." He whispered under his breath.

"Me too."

••
Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella
TikTok: @ ellasbooks_