•~•

"You break into the school's warehouse to steal a special-grade cursed object, displace my parents, and then kidnap Y/n. You know there's no way to spin that in a good light, right?" Suguru cut straight to the chase, looking down at his old best friend in a semi-disappointed stare.

Nevertheless Satoru didn't even return the gaze, glancing down at the floor before him. That was the only gesture he could possibly make, his arms, legs, and even eyes sealed by strings, ropes and bandages of talisman. With this level of security, even moving his head up would prove to be difficult.

After giving it a few moments to sink in, Suguru let off a soft sigh before turning around to face the door. "Thanks for not hurting my parents, anyhow."

"I don't give a shit."

Those were the first words that were spat by Satoru. "After everything, why the fuck would I want your thanks?"

Suguru didn't quite know how to respond to the white haired sorcerer, so there was quite the awkward pause between them both.

...

"Is she ok, at least?"

With that, the tension was lifted out of the room. After all, Satoru was still human. Though asympathetic to most, his heart still belonged to one.

"Physically, yes." Suguru finally answered. "But I can't say the same for her mental health. You really fucked her up."

Satoru's features darkened as the black haired boy continued lecturing the boy.

"You know all you had to do was-"

"I know!" The white haired boy exploded. From his violent movements, it almost seemed as if the restraints weren't working. Nevertheless, the restraints were still attached as everything settled once more. From a look of sheer anger came a distinct and noticeable line of desperation. "You don't need to tell me that - I know what I should've done! I-I just couldn't bear it anymore. How could I, Suguru?!?!"

That in particular caught the raven haired boy's interest, cocking his brow at the remark. "Bear what?"

"Bear what?" There was an attempt for the white haired sorcerer to move his head up to his best friend's line of sight, but he couldn't get it far enough. His lip was quivering uncontrollably. "She saved me. How the fuck am I supposed to be the strongest when all I could do was stand and watch her die while she saves my life? She's not supposed to do the saving- I-I am-!"

"She saved you?"

The words left Suguru's lips before he could fully process their weight. This was the first time he has ever heard of Satoru Gojo needing to be saved by anyone. Of course that would be devastating to him as well. "Why... How did she save you?"

Satoru choked. "She didn't even fucking mention she could use a reverse-curse technique. Did she not trust me enough to tell me? Does she... does she actually hate me now? Fuck... fuck!"

The revelations just kept coming. Now he's claiming that you can also use reverse cursed technique? Though Suguru wanted to brush it all up as hysteria or some sort of insanity, it was difficult to with his understanding of Satoru's cursed energy prowess. If he says you used a reverse curse technique, he had no reason to deny it no matter how crazy he is.

Satoru's voice broke up into a loose whimper. "I love her Suguru. It hurts me that I'm hurting her- I-I'm not supposed to do the hurting! Im supposed to protect her, and I can't even do that fucking right! I've been told my whole life I'm the strongest, that I have nothing to worry about, that everything I want will be handed to me on a silver platter. But all I want is her... a-and she doesn't even want to be mine anymore! This is so fucking-agh!"

Before Suguru could open his lips, Satoru interrupted him.

"I don't want your lectures, Suguru." Satoru lowered his head, the words struggling to leave his lips as they stand. "Don't you see I'm hurting enough?"

•~•

You were sitting in an empty dorm in silence. After you returned to the school, the higher-ups left you in your old room so they can figure out what to do with you again. Sadly, it seems like it's the same old issue of 'do we let her live' or execution. At this point, you wouldn't be surprised with the latter decision granted how many times it's been a topic of discussion. At what point would the higher-ups not want to have to deal with you any longer?

Kicking your feet back and forth on the side of your bed, you heard a soft knock at your door. Did they finally let you have visitors, or was this who the higher ups sent to tell you your verdict? Either or you'd have the same response, so you went ahead before giving it any more thought. "Come in!"

Before the door could open, you heard a distant phone call. But it was soon silenced as the door cracked open. On the other side was a familiar figure you knew all too well. "How are you doing, Y/n-chan?"

His warm, soothing voice was quite reassuring, you had to admit. You couldn't be more glad to see Suguru infront of you again. Any time he's around, you always had a funny feeling that everything was going to be alright - eventually at least. "I'm fine," you responded, your eyes glancing away from the boy. "Just exhausted is all."

"You don't have to lie, you know." Letting off a soft sigh, the brunette plopped on the bed to take the seat right next to you. "Bottling things up isn't healthy."

You couldn't exactly argue with him, but you still shook your head. Even if you were to open your mouth, you don't know if the words could leave your lips. The situation left you feeling many emotions, all of which were difficult to communicate. "Why do you care?" You muttered, some loose bed sheets clamped between your fists. "You barely know me, why would you care what's healthy for me?"

Suguru took a moment to pause. You almost ruled out the conversation there thinking Suguru wouldn't try to justify it, but he was able to find his words. "It's hurting me, too."

You took a sharp inhale as the words left Suguru's mouth. You felt absolutely awful.

"Satoru's my best friend," Suguru continued, not even bothering to make eye contact with you. "I've known him for years and I've never seen him like this before."

"I'm sorry," the words fell out of your mouth before you could even process them. "This is all my fault. If only I never stayed-"

"But I'm glad you stayed." Suguru gently turned his head towards you. "Out of the years I've known him, he's been the most human when you're around. It's refreshing knowing that he can care about someone that's not himself, you know? He's always had this facade about him... he 'cares' only when he's obligated to. You're the first person who he's ever cared about unconditionally."

You were doing your best to hold back the tears, which for the most part was working out. "I love him, Suguru." the words stung your lips. "Even now I love him so much... but I don't know what to do. I never know what to do! I'm always just messing it all up, I'm always trying to fix things! Are we even worth fixing?"

Suguru was at a loss for words. After thinking for a while, he softly nodded. "You both deserve a resolution to this all. Y/n... what is the future you want?"

You knew your response was going to be selfish, but you had a feeling Suguru wouldn't care. No... he was looking for your selfish answer. He wanted to know just what it was you've been trying to suppress this whole time.

Looking up at him with big glossy eyes, the words finally slipped out of your mouth. "I want-"

•~•

Suguru Geto sat in horror at the sight before him. Your head cut clean off of your body, infront of the man responsible for it all. Toji Fushiguro alive in the flesh.