Connection

"Sieg, that's totally non-sense." Diane eaten by the monitor and ignoring me like a kid asking for a lollipop from her mommy.

"I know, Diane. Everything is not making any sense. Her initials are also L.A., she's also 27 turning 28 this May. She's also brunette. Looking closer, she's resembling Liz. She thinks I look like Ashton Kutcher. She loves adventure. Although Liz is not the talkative type but reading her diary is making me believe that she truly kept a lot of words to mask herself and to avoid being disliked. Diane, believe me. Reincarnation is happening. Liz is Lucy. Lucy is Liz. May be she doesn't know it yet or may be Liz's ghost penetrated her. I don't know or I might be crazy.", and I'm scratching my head like one.

"Sieg, my dear, if reincarnation is for real and if it's happening, that Lucy shouldn't be 27 but only turning 1 month old because Liz just died a month ago. By basic principle of reincarnation, a man must die and the soul must come unto another person who will be born. Therefore, Liz's soul must still be in the nursery crying for milk.", Diane and her always ready wisdom but it's not helping me right now.

"Do me a favor, Diane. Meet her. Just once. You'll think that I'm right."

Dear Sieg,

It was a pleasure meeting Diane. I can't believe she's not your mom. You look so much alike. May be because you've been spending a lot of time together. Hehe. I'm just kidding. She's beautiful though and I think she's nice. She must know a lot of things about you and I should know those things from her. I envy her because you're always together. You always see each other whether you like it or not. She is also intelligent. She knows a lot of things I never heard of. We should meet each other more often. I think we're going to get along each other well. With her around, you wouldn't need anything at all but I can feel I can trust her. By the way, why did you let me meet her? If she's like a mom to you then would that mean, you're already introducing me with your folks? Don't tell me, you love me already. Oh my, this is unbearable. I can't breathe. I'm gonna die!!! My heart is leaping out of my chest. Are you in love with me, Sieg? This is just the third time we met and I'm meeting your parents already (although technically, she's not your parent). Could this be real? Is our feeling mutual? Are we viewing the same site here? Sieg, I think I'm falling too fast. I can't help it. It's hard to control myself from liking you too much. It's scaring me but it's making me happy, too. Please don't break my heart.

Love,

Liz

"Are you Siegfried's mom? It was a pleasure meeting you!", that was a wrong entry for Lucy, I can say. It might totally ruin Diane's day and her mood and everything about Lucy might turn her off.

"I'm not, but I'm getting that a lot, thank you." Diane trying to be composed. "So, you're Lucy. Do you know any Lizdane Avery?", that was unexpected, I didn't hit the button but Diane went ahead to the target question.

"Lizdane... Lizdane Avery... hmmm.... that name is special and if I know someone by that name I'm sure I'll never forget that. Is this meeting all about her? You don't think I killed her, do you?", her face started to draw a question mark.

"Haha! (sudden burst of short laugh saying that's ridiculous!) What makes you think she's dead?", Diane is really good at this.

"Well, I've been watching CSI series and detective stories and the way you ask me about this Lizdane made me think she's been murdered and I'm your suspect.", her peculiar insights are really unpredictable. "So, am I right?"

"Silly you. She's not murdered but she's dead and you're not a suspect.", Diane finally closed the case.

"Oh. Oh! So, she's dead?! And you're asking me about her? What's the connection?", Lucy got more confused.

"Exactly. We're looking for connection between you and Liz.", Diane, the tactless one, never learned how to keep her words in her thoughts and I'm just sitting there, watching her ruin my entire plan of just letting her observe Lucy.

"For what?", Lucy is totally clueless. It's all over her face.

"Nothing. You know what Lucy, I'm sorry for bothering you and for wasting your time." I can't help but finally intervene with this non-sense.

"This Lizdane. She must be an important person. You won't waste your time meeting me to ask me about her if she's not. Is there anyway I can help you with, Sieg?", Lucy seems to be worried while puzzled.

"Nothing Lucy. I just want Diane to meet you. I kept on telling her about our crazy encounter. That's all. And Lizdane. She's Diane's friend and she thinks you look like her.", I lied. I can't tell her the truth. It will wreck my investigation.

"Oh. I'm so sorry for your lost, Diane. I'm not sure if Lizdane and I have any connection or whatsoever but you know what, we can make a connection. I can be your friend, too. On Friday, I'll be heading to the rapids in a canoe somewhere in Toronto, you might wanna come. You can come too, Sieg. Of course, if you have no plans over the weekend.", she gently offered.

"That sounds interesting. I'm not sure if I'm in the right age for that but that won't hurt much, would it?", Diane's face brightens.

"It's fun and safe. It will surely drive you insane but I'm certain you'll love it.", I can't believe my ears but it's like we're canoeing with this strange woman.

"Seriously! The heck with connection! I'm in! I'll pack my bag first thing tomorrow!", now they're like best friends. This is totally creeping in.