The Fresh Brewed Girl

"I know... I'm just at the coffee shop grabbing my fresh brewed... yeah... I'll call you when I get into the office. Take care, Mandy.", she just got out of her plane and she feels like its been a week already. She's chewing on me every single hour like I'm cheating on her.

I took hold of my cup when another hand hold my hand grabbing my coffee.

"It's mine." I claimed.

"You're mine." A woman in her late 20's with a rather ragged looking outfit as if she just came out of her bed and went straight to sip her morning coffee echoed a very familiar sound and gave me goose bumps.

"Excuse me?", I inquired to clarify if those words actually came from her or am I just hearing words coming out from my imagination.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I mean it's mine. Lucy.", she retrieved her words.

"What?" I'm slowly grasping my thoughts and I'm losing contact to my reality.

"I mean, the coffee is mine, sir. And my name is Lucy. Lucy Adams. Are you okay, Mister?", her caring smile invited me to say my name.

"Sieg. Siegfried Stevenson.", and there, I gave it freely.

"Oh hi, Sieg. Oh, here's your coffee. Can I have mine now? Are you okay? You look really pale. You look like you saw the ghost of your dead wife.", her words, they're drilling unto my skull. It's freaking me out.

"What did you just say?", it was really an unusual position and it felt like my heart is about to blow.

"I'm sorry. It...It's just an assumption. You know having that Ashton Kutcher face made me think that this guy... must be married. Any girl would go crazy about you and I thought, you must have a wife but if you have I didn't want her dead of course... it's just an idiomatic expression... you know... but if you're not married, that's great. I didn't mean to say that I wanted to go out with you and all or I like you.... I mean, I'm not that kind of girl. I've never been with any guy anywhere for the longest time... but if you'll ask me out why wouldn't I say Yes.... I mean I'm single... but if you're not that's pretty fine. I talked too much... I know... I'm sorry. This is awkward and getting humiliating. I'm sorry, Sieg. It was nice meeting you. See you when I see you. Thank you for grabbing my coffee for me.", was it just a random coincidence? Did that just happen? Did that conversation just take place? All those words, all those thoughts in my mind from the entry that I've read in Liz's diary yesterday just came alive right in front of me,

She dashed thru the door and didn't bother to look back. She must be really embarrassed. She went out covering her face with a newspaper she took from the shop. My eyes breathe on its own and followed her all the way to the other side of the street. And her name keeps on resounding in my ears... Lucy... Lucy Adams. I sipped at my coffee, "Ouch!" Too late to realize I just got my tongue burnt.

"You said what?", Diane Lambert, my executive secretary who even in her 40's seems to look 10 years younger. She's like a sister/ mother/ friend to me and I couldn't be thankful for having someone who's giving me back my senses whenever I lose them.

"Reincarnation. Do you believe in that?", I profusely asked.

"There's no such thing. But in some religions, they do believe in that. I don't think that is happening to you anyhow. It's just mere coincidence. Or perhaps, you're just being disturbed by your conscience.", she continued doing her brows while leaning on her desk.

"Coincidence or conscience? It doesn't make sense. Those words that woman said are coming out like a ghost from my closet and until now, it's hunting me. Can you please check up on a Lucy Adams?", I requested deliriously.

"I tried already even before you ask. Here, we have 10,895 matches. Can I finish my brow, dear?", Diane is surely efficient but how can I possibly find her with that long list?

"There's only one way to find out. I have to see her again. I have to wait for her in that coffee shop. I won't leave without a satisfying answer.", with my most determined voice.

"Ahhhhmmmm.... Sieg, reminder, you're engaged to be married to that possessive barbie who checked up on you earlier for the nth time now and the phone is burning. I don't think she will like to know that while she's getting preppy with your little ceremony, you're out here chasing some strange girl possessed by your dead wife.", just like before, she's my superego.

"Mandy doesn't have to know. And besides, I just have to meet her once and ask her some questions that might be relevant to me and Liz.", the plan is set in mind.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea.", Diane always cares about me. I always respected that.

"Diane, I know you're just worried about me and all, but I'm a grown up man and I know what I'm doing." I finally assured her.

"I know you are, dear. But you can't take worrying about you away from me. Whatever you want to do, just make sure you won't hurt your heart again." She's the only one who knew me and knows everything I'm going thru. She's the only one who truly understands me, believes in me, and my only confidant. She's the one who gets more hurt when I am in despair and she cried with me in all my downs. Since I never grew with a mom, she took that part and I can never thank her enough.

"Thank you, Diane. Trust me in this. I'm going to find out who's that fresh brewed girl is."