The Return 🦋

Começar do início

After which Yara went to sleep again while Irene was caressing her hair and she and Greggy were still holding hands.

They slept halfway through their flight, ended up eating for quite a while before watching movies, and when Yara didn't want to, she read Principles while her dad asked her what it was about, to which she quickly replied. Without a think, she had forgotten that her dad had given her that book.

Yara: *thinks for a second to reflect* Wait, weren't you the one who gave me this, daddy?

Irene and Greggy couldn't help but chuckle at their daughter's innocence...

Greggy: How was it, koala bear?
Yara: His insightful narrative of contexts in which those principles were applied makes this book a page-turner.

Greggy: I've read hundreds of books on leadership and development, and so this is by far the most pragmatic one.

If you don't know, almost everyone in their family enjoys reading books, especially Yara, who is known as a bookworm as she can read three to five books in a day when she has downtime, and she just brings books with her when they take trips.

In just over two hours, they will land at MIA, their grandchildren are also awake and abruptly wanted to get off the plane already, Yara asks permission to go to the comfort room, and her parents agreed...

As she reached the comfort room, she ran inline into some people who actually knew her and their family and greeted her nicely. Yara smiled and bowed to them before excusing herself and entering the restroom.

The man said calmly to his wife who was lined up next in the queue...

"Kilala mo ba yun? "
"Oo naman, Isn't that Madam Imelda's nag iisang apo na babae?"
"Yes, Irene's youngest child."
"Oo, si Ms. Irene at yung asawa niya, wait, they were on the same flight as us? Economy flight?"
"Right in front of us! These people are billionaires with the means to buy business class tickets, but they chose not to."
"They are low-key and nice people talaga. You saw earlier she even bowed to us."
"Yes, they are very down-to-earth individuals, especially yung mga batang Marcoses, yung mga anak nila they were really raised to know how to respect and treat everyone fairly."
"And there is no air of arrogance talaga even if they're beyond super-rich."

They stopped chatting when Yara came out and waved to them and bowed again before returning to her seat. They were greatly impressed by the young Araneta on her charm and humbleness, which is something the couple truly appreciated even though the child didn't know them personally and it was a kind interaction with one of the Marcoses' family members.

Yara read her book again while Irene dozed off on Greggy's arm, she stared at her parents and said...

Yara: Dad, you know you and mom's fairytale-like story is my favorite
Greggy: I love your mom very much, Yar.

Yara: I know that, and it still fascinates me what special bond you and mom have, as when you were young lovers, through all the hardships you faced along, both of you, your love is everlasting and deepens each day.

Greggy: Your mother reversed my life, and I am thankful to God she married me and became the mom of my children, you and your siblings.

Yara: I'm very fortunate to witness your love for each other, daddy.

*stared at his dad's in the eyes and smiled*

Yara merely smiled out the window of the plane after she and her dad talked about how much love her parents had for one another. They arrived at Manila International Airport an hour later, where two airport officers met them and escorted and assisted them through the gate up to where their cars are parked and they were instantly guarded by their security.

(Yara's POV)
This is clearly the indication that I am back in MNL since from the moment we stepped off the plane until we exited the airport and into our car, we were swarmed by security staff already.

Should I say,

"Welcome back, Yara, you are so back to where your home really is..."

More than all the doubts and fears, she misses her motherland even more, even if her security is complex, there is nothing greater than the feeling of being able to return to one's own country, as she badly misses and wants to see her Lola Meldy, Tita Mommy, Tito Pops, Tita Momma, all her cousins, and baby nieces too.