Once Miles left his students alone to begin their assignment, chatter started from each table.

"I'm starting to think he hates me. I can't write poetry for shit." Brooke sighed while looking over her notes and the example.

"Mhm. Me either." Gianna hummed, agreeing with her. All of her confidence was slowly going down the drain.

"This is so sweet. If somebody said this to me I would be so in love with them." Gianna agreed once again. She went into her bag to grab her bottle of water while Brooke elaborated on her point. "I don't know what I'm going to make mine about. If I make it all romantic I just might throw up all over my computer."

Her statement made Gianna laugh since that's most likely what genre her's would be in. A part of her wanted to make it about Miles, but the other half didn't think it was creative, and that's what she always aimed for. "Make it about doing hair." Gianna suggested to her.

Brooke looked as if the lightbulb in her head lit as she began to think. "I like that!" She opened up a new document and began to jot down her ideas.

Since Brooke was preoccupied and focused, Gianna was left alone with her thoughts. She stared into space for what felt like thirty seconds. The next thing she knew, class was over.

"Miss Graye, a moment." Miles said, catching Gianna's attention.

"I'll see you later." She and Brooke waved at each other. "Yes Professor?" Her cheeks dimpled as she stood in front of his desk.

Miles leaned back in his chair with his legs apart as he ran his hand over his clean and groomed beard. "What you doing today?"

"I have to check my schedule and see." Gianna replied knowing damn well she didn't have anything to do besides some homework.

"You have work or school?" He asked and Gianna shook her head. "Come with me then."

"Okay." Her grin spread as he made her an offer she couldn't and wouldn't refuse. "Later?"

"In a hour and be ready." Miles came from behind his desk, getting ready to walk out with her. His hand grazed hers as they walked to the threshold. After giving each other one last look, they parted ways. Gianna went out the exit and Miles walked towards Jerome's office, which he'd dubbed the rainbow room.

Walking in, he went straight for Jerome's snack cart, ready to raid it.  He went for a pack of Oreos before taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of Jerome's desk.

"Hello to you too." Jerome said sarcastically while typing quickly on the keyboard. "I've been meaning to ask what happened with your student who had the plagiarism situation? I could file a whole report." He said while continuing to type.

"Nah. I handled it." Miles kept it short, not wanting to go into detail about the matter with Jerome. One, it was awkward for him given the circumstances. Two, there was no plagiarized assignment in the first place.

"By doing what?"

Miles tried to think of something practical. He wasn't a liar because he wasn't the quickest on his feet. "I had her redo it."

"Hmm." Jerome hummed as he finally gave his fingers a break. "Never knew you to be soft."

"I'm not." Miles denied it as he ate a cookie. A knock on the cracked door made his attention go to it while Jerome slightly yelled a come in as he finished a document on his iMac.

"Hey, I just wanted to drop off your ticket for the show." Jessica smiled while handing Jerome the rectangular piece of card stock. "Good Morning Miles."

"Morning."

"Thank you." Jerome took it out of her hand. "You know Miles, we encourage all of our staff to attend school functions, and I think you should come."

"Oh yes! And I know one of your students is participating in it. The one who you recommended to me." Miles nodded as he listened to her. That was honestly all she had to say and he was convinced. He just couldn't come off that way in front of them.

"I'll think about it."

_____________________

"Thank you so much for the nausea meds, mama. I think they'll really help." Kennedy leaned against Miles' countertop, watching both of her kids eat the grilled cheese sandwiches she made for them.

"Did you tell Miles yet?"

Kennedy rolled her eyes at the question. She was sick of her mother asking her the same things over and over again. "I'll tell him." She replied, even though she never had any plan to. Kennedy kept the secret for almost four years and she had no intention to let the truth come to light now.

Too bad for her, secrets were always meant to be exploited.

I put the tattoo in the mm nc it was lowkey hard to explain

I put the tattoo in the mm nc it was lowkey hard to explain. I also think that the poem was corny but it was on brand so I kept it! 😂

Comment your thoughts 🫶🏾