Chapter 1: A fresh start

----------Percy's POV: -------------

My name is Persephone Jackson.

Usually this would be the part where I explain my life like my background, family, motivations, possibly even love life but sadly I can't. In an odd feeling of complete loss, I can't seem to remember anything past a few months ago.

I woke up on the bank of a very dark and terribly gloomy lake. The only reason I can assume I could wake up was due to the rageful honking from nearby cars on a horribly busy highway.

While my awakening happened those 5 months ago, I can almost perfectly remember the aching that filled my entire being, the wet clothes that clung to my skin and caused me to shiver as the cool wind sent icy spikes all throughout my body, and the ringing in my ears from all the loud noises flowing around the pitch-black surroundings.

Then the loss.

-----------------------------------------------

"Jas-!" My quick awakening was cut short by the shock of the icy clothes that hugged my body. Instinctively my arms and knees pulled themselves to my torso, the warmth not coming fast enough as shivers started to tear their way through my body. The yell that had escaped me dying quickly on my tongue as primitive instincts kicked in.

As I shivered my eyes adjusted to the light, or rather, lack thereof. All I could see was the light reflecting off the rippling waves, the moonlight making the cool light shimmer and glow. It would've been pretty if it weren't for the fact that it was a sign of me freezing to death.

Then the noise. gods that horrible noise. When I woke up the buzzing that seemed to fill my thoughts subsided leaving empty space for the loud honking coming from the nearby cars. Now this would be great if it wasn't currently sending waves of pain through my ears and head.

I quickly placed my hands over my ears, my eyeline shooting towards the location of the cars.

A bright highway filled my gaze, the yellow light from the streetlights illuminated both the cars and the heavy gray clouds in the air, their dark appearance mocking that of smog.

It all felt unfamiliar, gross, and a bit depressing.

I tried thinking back to why I'd arrived here.

Nothing.

A small inkling of panic buried its way into my mind, my eyes opening wider as my breathing picked up.

I didn't remember anything.

With my condition forgotten I picked myself up, ignoring the blaring pain that sprung through all my limbs as I made my way to the highway a bit of a way down the shore. The rocks on the bank were jagged and pointy making it hard to walk properly and I nearly tripped more times than I can count, earning myself some scratches on my ankles and multiple scares.

Eventually though I managed to climb up the small incline to the side of the highway, the lights from the car's headlights momentarily blinding me as I put a hand up to block the light from my eyes.

The cars moved forwards, bringing a car window in front of me and along with it a very confused and maybe even angry person, their beady eyes boring into my own. I waved slightly, not really having any other ideas. This seemed to prompt the person to turn away, looking back in front of me as they ignored me all together.

I felt my shoulders slump as I turned in the direction they looked in.

Ahead of all the cars was a somehow darker city, the lights from the big building's windows looking ominous and uninviting. I could almost feel the vicious aura from here. Something wasn't right in that city, and yet, I knew I needed to go in there. For more reasons than one that is.

For one, I was having an odd feeling, like something I needed was there.

Two, there wasn't really an option, I mean, I couldn't exactly hail a cab without paying, gods forbid I become a criminal when I couldn't even tell them how old I was. What would I say? "Hello I'm Percy Jackson-" Percy Jackson? The name sounded so right, the words seeming familiar enough.

So I was Percy Jackson?

I guess it's a start.

With that I started walking, my legs finding new energy as civilization came into view.

I walked for a while, getting honked at mercilessly, and shivering all the while until eventually I reached the edge of the city. The buildings started small but soon built to larger, glass buildings towards the middle of the massive cities.

With a sigh I walked into the city, my arms wrapped tightly around myself, and no plan in mind.

----------------------------------------------------

Since then nothing new has really arisen, well besides from the fact that I know that I'm 40, I have a desire to make all my food blue and water seems to be the most comforting thing to me. All in all it's nothing that can aid me in getting back home or possibly reversing all this.

I'd tried going to the doctors, been prescribed more medications than I'd like to say but none really worked, nor did they stick. I'd been to the hospital, had my blood tested, done all 9 yards and nothing. Well asides my questionable health history but that's a story for another time.

But life hasn't been that bad...for the most part. I'd learned I'd ended up in Gotham, one of the most if not the most crime ridden cities in the world. In this kinda place it really didn't take long for me to get mugged but by some holy miracle I must've been some martial artist in my past life because I managed to defend myself just fine. Fighting not only saves me but it also pays my bills.

Since I'd discovered my abilities I decided to test them, and one trip to a gym was enough to be approached by an agent. He offered me a fighting deal and bam, income.

See in Gotham it's really not too hard to find a fighting rink to attend and boy do those rich idiots bid high amounts. I get about 60% of the profits from my wins and I don't usually complain unless it's been an especially rough night, to which it's not hard to scare a few extra bucks outta them.

With the money I can afford to live a normal life, in my small apartment with my bad Wi-Fi and terribly loud neighbors. The only abnormal thing would be my memory loss and the weird stares I get from cosplayers around the city though a good sprint usually loses them.

All in all it's not much but it's enough. It's enough for me until one of two things happen, one, I somehow regain my memory, or two I give up, find myself a sustainable job and live out the rest of my life in this gloomy rainy city. Would it be awful? No, I suppose not but the question would always linger so I suppose I'll search a while longer.

---------------------------------

1245 Words