iv. band kids are unfunny

CHAPTER IV:
band kids are unfunny

CHAPTER IV: band kids are unfunny

( March 1986 )

      LUNCH HAD FINALLY ROLLED AROUND AND CLEO WAS ALREADY DROOLING AT THE THOUGHT OF LAYING IN BED AS SOON AS SHE GOT HOME

      LUNCH HAD FINALLY ROLLED AROUND AND CLEO WAS ALREADY DROOLING AT THE THOUGHT OF LAYING IN BED AS SOON AS SHE GOT HOME. She strolled down the isles the tables made in the cafeteria, searching for Robin so neither of them would sit alone.

Eventually, she spotted Robin who was also searching hard for a familiar face. Usually, other band students would join them, three or four from time to time, and that's what they did. Simply a table of band kids all still in parts of their uniforms from the morning.

      "I still can't believe what Jason was talking about this morning," Cleo rolled her eyes thinking about the earlier events of the day. "I couldn't stand listening to it."

      "Where'd you even go when you left?" Robin spooned a heap of yogurt into her mouth right after asking.

      "Into the hallway, I had to avoid throwing something on the court," she laughed. "And then I had a small conversation with..." her voice trailed off as she noticed a figure on top of one of the tables walking. "Him."

"But as long as you're into band," he mocked staring right in Cleo's direction to which she counteracted with a false smile and holding up her middle finger. "Or science..." he targeted the science nerds congregation. "Or Parties..." he glared at the partygoers. "Or a game where you balls into laundry baskets!" he shouted towards the basketball team.

"You want something, freak?" Jason stood from his table feeling threatened. Eddie only curved his fingers on top of his head and stuck out his tongue to feed into the devilish propaganda that the locals associated with the Hellfire Club. After that, he chuckled to himself beginning to stroll back down the table.

"It's forced conforming!" Eddie preached. "That's what's...killing the kids!" He jumped down from the table scaring a few cheerleaders and random students passing by.

"You had a conversation with that?" Robin joked referring to the boy that was going on about his antics.

"Believe it or not, it was civil," Cleo whispered the last bit as though it was a forbidden secret. "And... he laughed."

"That's where I draw the line at believing," Robin drew an imaginary line in between them on the table. "Civil conversation? Maybe. Laughing at something you said? Not a chance."

Cleo scoffed flicking the girl, "I'm funny!"

"Funny people don't say that they're funny," Buckley pressed her lips into a thin line.

"You say it all the time though."

"I'm self-aware that I'm not funny, band kids have no chance at that." The students in their band had all turned their heads in Robin's direction, all looking offended.

Cleo laughed leaning in towards Robin's side of the table for only her to hear, "seems you struck a nerve."

NOTE

NOTE. 1) i changed her name from olivia to cleo, dont be mad. 2) i just HAD to make her a flute player who was afraid of water since i played flute and im on my schools swim team.