That Awkward Moment

That Awkward Moment when casual becomes complicated.

____________________________________

Chapter ten: That awkward Moment.

Oxford dictionary defines awkward as embarrassing, not easily managed it effected.

Yashraj couldn't argue.

What's embarrassing?

Hitting on a girl and then getting caught up in the moment and letting technicality ruin the moment.

What's awkward?

Getting caught by her father who is intimidating and frightening.

Yashraj had a cold shower, he desperately needed one, and drank a gallon of milk but he still couldn't the scene out of his head.

Hitting on her wasn't intentional.

It was spontaneous and he was quite proud of himself because it had some effect on her.

He had noticed the way her brown eyes had widened, her breath had quickened and she was slightly shivering, probably nervous.

His phone rang, indicating someone was calling.

Rashi calling.

He thought, could anything be more awkward?

He looked up at the ceiling as if questioning The Lord upstairs why was this happening to him as he picked up the phone.

"Hello?" He greeted.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Rashi asked.

He sat down on the counter, as he looked at the empty glass of milk.

"Nothing. Just about to sleep." He answered as he put it in the sink.

"Oh, am I disturbing you?" She asked, sounding kind of put off.

"No, of course not. You know how much I like talking to you." He said with a soft smile on his face as he walked inside his bedroom.

"Well then, what are you doing?"

"I already told you." He reminded her, chuckling.

She chuckled along.

"Right. Silly me."

"Well, what about you? Did you talk to Praveen yet?" He asked her.

Today, after hours, Rashi had told him that she was going to end things with him.

One month of hitting on her, flirting, trying to convince her and it had finally worked.

"Yeah. It didn't end well though." She grimaced.

"What happened?"

"He threw a fit, I guess. I mean, it did it over the phone." She timidly said.

That's a cowardly thing to do and Yashraj despised people who did that. But he decided it wasn't his place.

"Well then, it's over though, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, totally." She quickly replied.

He heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good. So coffee tomorrow?" He asked, unknowingly smirking.

"No. I think we should let things cool down for a bit, you know? Maybe until a week or so?" Rashi hesitantly suggested.

Yashraj's heart sank.

He was looking forward to that date since six hours.

But he put on a smile and replied, "Sure."