Pilot.

"That's the funny thing about destiny. It happens whether you plan it or not." - Ted Mosby.
_________________________

Chapter 1: Pilot

"Good morning Ma'am." The security guard greeted, giving her her ID card back.

Mahaya nodded her head as she kept it in her purse.

Then she accelerated the car, parking it in her regular spot.

She rechecked all the documents that she'd be needing for the deposition.

Then she made her way to the elevator where a few of her colleagues were already in.

"Good morning Mahaya." Rashi greeted with a radiant smile on her face.

Mahaya gave her a fake smile as she pressed the button for the fifteenth floor.

"So you excited for the meeting today?"

As much as she didn't like Rashi, Mahaya did accept the fact that this girl knew her job and discussing work with her was always interesting.

"Yeah. Raichand's are going down." She said and Rashi nodded in agreement.

From the corner of her eye, Mahaya took a look around, at all of the people in the elevator.

It was a natural habit of hers, to analyse the surroundings before making her move.

She had the nature of a predator and she did a good job of showing it.

"Well, I'll see you at twelve." Rashi said before dropping out at the tenth floor.

As the rumours had it, Rashi was meeting her current fling, the head of the Human Resources down there.

Mahaya didn't care about that.

Rashi was a competitor and Mahaya was just gathering every information she could.

They both, along with two other men, were the finalists of the New York project, a program funded the company.

At the end of the six months, one of these four would be chosen to go to New York City branch.

And from there, well, her career would have the scope of spreading out as the horizon.

"Did you get the file I asked for?" Mahaya said the first words as she entered her office.

Her secretary was outside, waiting for her boss to come.

Bhavna nodded as she handed the file over.

"Yes. Mr. Shukla said that he'd be waiting for the payment during lunch."

Mahaya nodded as she went over the file.

All the dirt that she needed on the Raichand's was there in this file.

Shukla, no matter how expensive, did do a remarkable job.

"Great." Mahaya grinned.

"I assume everything you need is there?" Bhavna guessed with a tiny smile.

Her boss didn't normally show her excitement regarding things.

She was always in control, always in bounds, always serious.

The rare times when she was happy or excited, Bhavna intended to cherish those moments.

Mahaya nodded, the grin intact, as she closed the file and kept it in her drawer.

"Raichand's are going to be bankrupt today." Mahaya said, laughing as she picked up her phone.

Upon dialling the numbers, she realised Bhavna was still standing there.