"i like chocolate.." i mumble into him.

"perfect. i'll grab you some stuff and you just get comfortable okay? take a bath and relax your body." karl suggests.

"if i take a bath, will you just come and chill in the bathroom and talk with me?" i look up at him, my chin on his chest.

he smiles softly at me and brings both hands to my cheeks and squishes my face together. i say his name but it's all funny sounding due to my face being squished. karl just laughs and nods his head. he pulls my face towards him and he kisses my forehead and then my lips.

"i'll be back. if you feel okay enough to wash the stain go for it and i'll be back soon okay? i'm just gonna run to the corner store or something." karl walks away to grab a sweater and his keys.

"thank you karl.. text me if you need help with anything." i follow him out to the living room.

"i will, go relax now while i'm gone. i shouldn't be longer than 20 minutes. i'll see you then. bye darling." he says with a soft smile and leaves the house.

i was speechless because he didn't react how i thought he would. i was baffled and flabbergasted and all of those things in between. i don't even think i've ever had my mom run to the store for me or be this sweet when an accident like that happens. i stand there thinking about the whole conversation.

"he said bye darling to me.." i mumble and turn around to walk away.

i head towards my room and i grab the sheet with the stain and go into the bathroom to start cleaning it the best i can. after that i toss it in the washing machine and i sit down to take a breather since i just rushed it all. my cramps start again and i just clench my stomach. i waddle into the bathroom and start the bath.

"dude you good?"

i look behind me to see avery standing in the bathroom doorway staring down at me like i was crazy. i was hunched over on my knees basically leaning into the tub.

"um, i got really bad cramps and i'm gonna have a bath.." i turn away to check the water temperature.

"oh damn. do you have anything you can take or did you do that already?" avery walks over and sits on the toilet seat.

"karl went to the store to grab me stuff. i leaked on the sheet.. i felt so embarrassed but karl made me feel okay about it." i half smile thinking about it.

"i'm glad he didn't make you anymore uncomfortable than i'm sure you already were.. it is just common human decency to not be a dick about stuff like that but most boys don't get it." avery chuckles.

i nod in agreement and the tub starts to fill up. avery kicked me out of the bathroom so she can use it. i was just laying in the hallway waiting for her to get out. the ground was cold and i enjoyed it while i laid on the floor. tobio laid with me for a bit until avery swung the door open, scaring him away.

"oh hey.. you were listening to me pee you weirdo." avery steps over me.

"i wasn't even paying attention, your good." i sit up and rub my temples.

"want me to turn the water off so your tub doesn't overfill?" avery looks back at me.

"it's okay, i'm getting up now." i grab the doorframe and pull myself up, feeling everything just leave my body.

i shiver and make a gross face and avery just laughed a bit. she knew. i walk inside the bathroom and i turn the water off, dipping my hand in the tub feeling the hot water. the front door opens and avery looks down the hall and smiles.