Driving in somewhat awkward silence - the man did try and start a conversation, but Emma answered shortly cutting the conversation even shorter. She didn't know what to expect and she had absolutely no idea why people would live in a desert, or why her farther lived in that desert. She wasn't quite dressed for the climate as it was warm for the end of winter, but her clothes weren't thick either: a thin gray long sleeve shirt with some comfy jeans tucked away in knee high boots with her red scarf.

Over the horizon a red clocktower- and watchtower appeared and shortly after that, roofs and then the entire building, again everything was red. A massive door that she assumed was some kind of garage for a train because there were train tracks leading towards it. Fiddling with her scarf her mind kept racing wondering about her father's previous workplace, she also felt very nervous with what it had in store for her. But her anticipation quickly faded as the man took a hard left off the tar road, over the train tracks onto the desert sand. Stopping beside the large building with the door, behind a hill, not wanting to be seen.

"What are you doing?" Feeling fear grab at her heart she looked at him wearily. "The garage is right there." She raised a brow and pointed with a slight shaky hand to the building. "This is as far as I go. I already told you - your friend doesn't really like visitors." Clenching her jaw, she relaxed but a new fear formed in her chest. Maybe she should be as cautious as the man beside her, but she also knew her father wouldn't purposely put her in danger. Swinging the door open she climbed atop the hill and looked at the large building before her. An even larger area of desert stood between her and the building making her more nervous.

"Hey! Remember your bag." The man yelled from inside the car leaning over to the other side to look at her. Turning her head slightly she called back, "Could you stay for a while? I'm not too sure if this is where my friend lives." Turning around fully she hoped the man would understand as a woman alone, this was a bad idea, but she also didn't want to relay on that stranger. "Fine. But if things get hairy, I'm gone." Nodding in response she turned on her heels and walked towards the building.

To her right was nothing but desert and the road they came from, and to her left were canyons and "the road" the man drove on that led to a cliffside. A van stood on top of the cliff not too far from the buildings. It probably belonging to whoever's in the building. She thought trying to set her mind at ease.

The closer she got the more she could hear someone barking orders from inside. Walking against the building she went in the direction of the garage door. She heard the door open, slowly, creaking and whining once in a while. Peeking her head inside she saw that nobody was there and that the garage lead through to an opening in the back. Most likely leading to where she saw the van on the cliff. Walking in cautiously, she walked on the railway, making sure not to make a sound encase she was trespassing, and that the resident/s would shoot first and ask questions later.

To her right were metal double doors leading inside were she heard loud voices once again. I shouldn't be here. Turning around swiftly she came chest to face with a very tall and large man looking down at her angrily. "Hi?" She said backing away from the man who crossed his arms over his chest. He wore a red t-shirt with a black vest and a strap over his right shoulder suppling him with bullets. "I was just leaving." She said smiling slightly and swallowing thickly, the man only raised a brow at her.

Loud voices came from her left and suddenly the metal doors swung open and two other men came out. One had a hard hat on with goggles and the other had a helmet over his eyes, both also had red on. Everyone looked at each other but mainly Emma. The man with the helmet over his eyes slowly took out a pistol from his holster. She had no idea what to do and the only thing that popped in her head was, RUN! Side stepping past the large man she b-lined it for the car, hearing one of the men yell to go after her. Not long after that a bullet came flying past her ear making her pick up speed. Whiles still running two more shots were heard and one hit her right shoulder, causing her to grab it and lose speed. "DON'T SHOOT!" She heard someone yell but was too scared to try and turn around.

Almost at the car she saw that nobody was there. Her duffle bag was in the previous place of the car. "Cowered!" She yelled out only to be tackled from behind on her right, rolling down the hill, grunting as she went. Landing on her left side she attempted to crawl away to stand and run again, but the person who had tackled her grabbed her ankle pulling her underneath them. Squirming in an attempt to escape the person grabbing her collar, turning her around to face them. Slamming her back against the rocky desert floor in an attempted to stop her from moving. Grabbing the other person by their collar she made sure that they were arm's length away from each other.

Finally looking up at her rib bruiser the man had a deep frown on his forehead and his slightly long thick light brown spiky hair was messed up and full of dirt from the roll down the hill. His icy blue eyes were filled with energy and anger, her hazel-green once were filled with fear and panic. Even more panic erupted as the man raised his right hand, creating a fist of white knuckles. Looking between his fist and face she screamed, "I'M A CIVILIAN!" Taking deep unsteady breaths and trying to push him off of her he pulled her closer. "Then why you runnin', sheila?" He whispered slightly. His Australian accent caught her off guard. Slamming her back against the rock once more. "Because you... PSYCHOS! threatened me with guns and shot me!"

Lowering his fist, he glanced at the arm that held him away. Bright red blood, now covered in sand, seeped out and stained her long sleeve shirt. Scoffing lightly, he looked back at her. Her breathing was still unsteady, and her eyes became teary. Still with a firm expression he knew she was harmless but did not lower his guard. "You disturbed my break." He mumbled as he reached over her head to grab something. She frowned at his mumbling and flinched at his hand. Both hearing his teammates footsteps approach them from the side. When his gloved hand returned, he placed his dark gray-orange sunglasses back on and with one quick motion he pulled them both to their feet. Grabbing his one side folded up hat as well, placing it back on. "Don't man handle me!" She protested as he pushed her forward, but she turned and slipped under his arm, grabbing her bag that wasn't too far away. She was slightly below his chin in height but that did not stop her from glaring at him and continuing to walk in front of him, receiving glares from him as well.

"Well done son! This spy will pay for their trespassing!" Looking up at the man with the helmet over his eyes, her frown only deepened. Almost at the building again - the walk seemed much shorter then when she was alone - she saw a few other men (also in red) come closer but not in ear shot distance. Finally finding the courage she spoke against his previous comment. "I'm not a spy. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to be here...!" "Shut it maggot!" He silenced her opening the two metal doors that lead inside.

The man with the hard hat and goggles were with them as well, but she didn't see the very large man with them. "Take her to the interrogation room!" He spoke again but this time to the rib bruiser/ Aussie behind her who only hummed in response, taking her bag from her. "Can I get something to stop the bleeding at least? A cloth perhaps?" She quickly asked, clutching her right arm. The three men looked at her and the drill sergeant loud-mouth answered. "No!" "But you people shot me!" She retorted just as quickly.

The man with the hard hat pulled out a cloth from his pocket and spoke while tapping her elbow, indicating to her to raise it for him to wrapping it around. "She has a point there fellas." He had a southern drawl to his words, Texan most likely. "There ya go doll." He said as he tied the knot, "Thank you." She said glaring at the other two, but the Aussie just pushed her to keep moving - throwing her bag on a worn-out couch facing a box TV. Leading her down a hall with dim lights and few other doors.