"I told you to stay put," Anakin wrapped the blanket around you tighter, arm fitting around your waist to keep you on your feet. "But you just had to go running into the middle of a battle."

"Yoda needed some subtle encouragement," you defended, remembering how he was in fact okay, and maybe if he had sat up sooner you wouldn't be in this predicament.

"I hope his pat on the back was worth it," Anakin grumbled, pulling a wheelchair out for you to sit in. You kept walking like you hadn't seen it.

"Obi-Wan, can you take the chair–" he delegated to the older Jedi, who had just woken up. He crossed the waiting room, white robes billowing out behind him, and yawned.

"Y/n, sit in the chair," Anakin ordered.

You struggled against his hold. "'Don't need to. I can walk."

"You can barely stand."

"If you don't recall, I killed a Sith Lord. I can do anything."

"You've died about 6 times now. If you fall and hit your head, I don't think anything could bring you back. Not even the force."

You leveled a glowering stare at him. "The fact that you can even joke about that..."

"I can cause I know it's the last time," the infuriating boy kissed your cheek. "No more brushes with death for you."

"Knock on wood," you mumbled. The two Jedi quirked their eyebrows at you. "It's a figure of speech."

In the end, you struggled and fought and kicked Anakin enough where he didn't make you sit in the wheelchair. He did, however, manage to sweep you off the ground and carry you like that time you had come back from Noxella– embarrassing, but sweet nonetheless.

And even better, neither of you cared who saw this time.

Obi-Wan walked right alongside you, all the way back to your apartment. And in the halls, you passed Jedi– some from the Council, some coming from padawan classes. Senators, and newspeople too, who were still hoping to get an inside view from Anakin and Obi-Wan about the end of the Clone Wars. About their roles as heroes.

No one knew that Anakin had gone to the dark side for a brief period, except a few select Jedi. Mainly those who were on the Council. Everyone else just felt that shift in the air, and thought a Sith was going to attack– which, technically, he did.

So Anakin's reputation on Coruscant was not harmed. In fact, it boosted, somehow. Now that he was credited with killing Count Dooku, and there when the mysterious Sith Leader they had been after for years now was killed, his fame skyrocketed. If that was even possible.

Obi-Wan, interestingly, got credit for killing Darth Sidious. Not that you minded. In fact, you were the one who told him to take credit– he was the one who set his body aflame, after all, and you didn't want to be hounded with paparazzi like they were so often these days.

You didn't want to be a hero. You very nearly weren't.

Because yes, you really had considered joining Anakin up on that balcony on Mustafar, when he was Darth Vader. You felt that same hatred toward the Jedi. You believed he was powerful enough to get rid of them all, wipe them clean from the galaxy so their oppressive, hypocritical ways could never see the light of day again. You would rather be with him, no matter the evil things he was planning, as long as it meant he would still love you, and you him.

Maybe you had gone a little darkside, too.

But you preferred not to think about that anymore. Now, you were in Anakin's arms– Anakin, not Darth Vader– with Obi-Wan by your side, making plans to eat your favorite food and watch a movie on the holonet.