chapter twenty seven

You were better than this.

Being jumped from someone behind the trees while you were peeing, forced into a potato-sac looking bag, and then being dragged along the forest floor... you were almost glad you didn't have any friends anymore because it would just be humiliating if they found out about this.

Of course, before being forced into the bag, there had been a struggle. Your mom didn't raise you very well, but you still hadn't come out a little bitch. You kicked and thrashed and bit, but your attacker was just far too strong. He had taped your mouth shut first so you couldn't scream, and then your hands, and finally your ankles.

No matter how hard you twisted and pulled at your restraints, they wouldn't loosen. Not even the tape on your mouth, even though you'd been licking it for the past 10 minutes in hopes it'd lose its stickiness and fall off. You had been dragged over a particularly large rock, biting down on your lip as you did so, causing it to split and bleed. And that was the end of your tape-licking journey.

You were clearly in the presence of whoever took Enid. That much was obvious. You were currently inside the same bag that you had seen in the surveillance footage, and it was doubtful that there would be two random kidnappings in the same day that were totally unrelated to each other.

So yes, you were aware you might be in very grave danger right now.

That's why you spent your time gathering up as much strength as you could, and then using it to thrash around inside of the bag at random intervals. There was nothing else you could do to help yourself-- just this, in hopes you'd somehow break loose from their hold and roll away to freedom.

You didn't have very good luck, though. Each of these fits had been met with a swift kick to the side to get you to stop, which worked because somehow your kidnapper managed to land each blow exactly on your kidneys. And getting kicked in the kidneys was one of the worst feelings ever.

After an eternity of being lugged along the forest floor, the ground began to slope downward. Sticks and soil turned to solid stone. It seemed like some sort of staircase that you were now being dragged down, as you could feel each hard bump as your body met it harshly.

You groaned inwardly at the knowledge that you'd be covered in bruises after this-- that is, if you even lived long enough to see them after this.

Anakin was mad at you so you weren't really sure how much of a priority he was making you. He probably hadn't even noticed you were gone yet.

Meanwhile, you were being tossed out of the bag like you were just a pile of bones, skidding forward on the hard ground until you came to a stop along a wall. Your hands and knees stung from the impact, but they were free from where he had cut you loose, and you blinked your eyes rapidly to adjust to the minimal light that was let in.

You were in some sort of cell underground, some moonlight filtering in from the murky staircase before you. The bars of the cell spanned the whole ceiling to the floor, a small corner of the cave-like system that you were in. A hallway to the right was cloaked in complete darkness, but the man who had just locked you in this cell was now being swallowed up by the darkness before you could get a good look at him.

"You."

You jumped at the voice, unaware that there was someone else in here; You squinted your eyes, peering into the dark corner in the back before you could make out who it was.

"Enid," you spoke. "Everyone's been looking for you."

"Well, I sure hope so," she rolled her eyes. Annoyingly, she was no less beautiful than before, even cowering against the wall all grimy and stuff. Her hair was all tangled and caked with mud, her face streaked with dirt, and her skin bruised from similar treatment, but she still seemed to sparkle and glisten like a gem.