H.O.H: Hidden Secrets:23:

Start from the beginning

"What? You're afraid if you leave something'll happen?"

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged, walking over to the DVD player and laughed as I saw it was Tormented- for some reason Hailee made it a point to watch our movies.

"You know we'll be fine." He murmured, a gentler tone as I pressed play.

"You said that last time...and look what happened." I pointed out, feeling guilty for a moment, but it was honest.

"I know...but that wasn't your fault, and we've come a long way since then."

"Yeah." Was all I could say. I mean, what else was I supposed to say?

"So...When I get home on Monday, do you want to do something?"

"Like go out?" I questioned, fiddling with my finger nails again.

"Yeah, out to dinner. You and me."

"Sure. I'd like that. Where?"

"We could go down town for a while. I can see what Mom and Greg are doing. I just really want some alone time with you."

"Me too," I bit down on my lip, a small smirk. "But what if they spent the night here instead?"

"What do you mean? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of-"

"Justin," I laughed, peeking my head around the corner to where Hailee sat curled up on the couch. "There is a hotel downtown."

"Ohhhh," He chuckled, the image of his eyebrows raising in my head. "Yeah, that sounds great. I don't know why I didn't think of that."

"Me neither actually, with the way you are."

"Hey! I'm not anyway."

"Justin, just a month ago you came home drunk and told me I should undress you more often."

"Yeah, I don't remember that, but it's quite true."

"You're such a dork."

"I know, but it's been almost a year." He groaned.

"It was different when we didn't have children. Trust me, I like our alone time just as much as you do."

"Is that what we're calling it now? Alone time?"

"Sure, if you want."

"Why not play time?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, walking back into the living room where Hailee was sitting.

"Hey, you and I both know that when I came home that night slightly tipsy- well let's just say you wanted me. Come on."

"You were not slightly tipsy. I don't even know how you made it in the house, and you passed out within minutes. If anything, you wanted me."

I was whispering now, Hailee's eyes locked on the screen- she wasn't paying attention to me anyway.

"Um, in case you haven't caught on for the past ten or so years, I always do."

"I can tell."

"Reow to you too."

"Stop," I laughed, shaking my head and looked back at Hail. "Want to talk to Hailee?"

"Yeah, while I can. I'll call you again tonight after the show too, ok? Before of course for Hailee."

"Ok, I love you."

"Love you too babe, bye."

I handed the phone to Hailee, walking into the kitchen to pour myself a mug of coffee before I went back and sat with her.