As Tim surveyed the pool hall, he sensed the loathing stares of the white patrons and felt a wave of foolishness wash over him. He knew he was unwelcome in this place, and the hatred he brought with him only made things worse. With a heavy heart, he signaled to his gang that it was time to leave. As they made their way out, Alec Reynolds and his cronies snickered with satisfaction, hurling insults and taunts at Tim and his "mutt-loving" crew. Tim's friends bristled with anger and urged him to fight back, but he shook his head, reminding them that Alec was the son of a notorious former KKK member. They were better than that, he said, and they wouldn't stoop to his level.

When they made their way out of the building and into the cool night air, Tim knew that he would never forget this humiliating moment. He knew he had to get revenge but he also knew if he did, he would put his life in danger. Not only that, he would risk the lives of his gang members.

Shaking his head and sighing, he knew Alec Reynolds won the battle but he would make sure the Shepards' gang will win the war.

After a silent walk into the night air, Nate Dillion tried to cheer up the rest of the gang. "We'll get 'em back, Shepard. Don't worry," he said.

"Nah," Cod interrupted, "Reynolds will probably call for his daddy's help. Half of y'all will most likely die. Have fun hanging." Cod joked as he reached for a cigarette, but his lighter had gone out hours ago. "Any of y'all got a lighter?"

Jude handed Cod his lighter, and Mason offered around a pack of cigarettes. The men fell into silence once again as they smoked and watched the smoke emerge into the cold air.

The men stopped at their tracks and leaned against a convenience store as Jude reached into his pockets to grab his lighter and handed it over to Cod.

Mason pulled out a pack of cigarettes and offered around. Everyone eagerly accepted.

Passing the lighter around, the men fell into silence once again as they watched the smoke of their cigarettes emerge into the cold dark air.

"Hey," a delicate and quiet voice spoke out from the silence. "Where's Curly?"

The question struck something inside of Tim that he'd be too afraid to admit. An uneasy silence cut between the gang as they began to wonder what could have happened. Tim's mind raced, imagining all sorts of terrible things that could have befallen his little brother. He tried to push the thoughts away, but they kept creeping back into his mind, like a dark cloud hovering over him.

"I'm sure he's fine," Jude said, slicking his hair back.

"I dunno," Sam spoke up, "I haven't seen him these past days."

Nate sighed. "Don't scare Tim like that. I'm sure little Shepard got caught up with the fuzz."

"He would've called me," Tim said, his anxiety for his little brother rising with every passing second.

"Relax, Shepard. Curly's fine." Cod said, trying to assure Tim.

"I am relaxed," Tim snapped, side-eyeing Cod. "It's just weird," he sighed, eyes glued on his shoes as his mind pictured the worst case scenario of his little brother.

He knew Curly couldn't keep his mouth shut for the life of him. Curly was a fighter and there was nothing Tim could do to change it except to scowl at him for every stupid thing he'd do. He couldn't bear the thought of something happening to Curly.

Shaking every unwanted thought in his mind, Tim reassured himself that his brother was safe and probably at some friends house.

Taking one last drag from his cigarette, he spoke out from the silence once again, "I'll see you guys later," he yawned, "I'm walkin' back home."