Chapter 8: Eryx Mason

Start from the beginning

She looked dangerously beautiful, absolutely gorgeous

She looked dangerously beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. He always thought of her as being one of the most beautiful girls at Baxter High, regardless of barely paying attention to her. There was just something about her that has always drawn him in. He was usually good at disguising himself as a emotionless heartless boy and yet here he was laughing and smiling, and thinking of when he can see her and it scared him.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ If Eryx could say, when these feelings started to overwhelm him, it started when he dropped off her at her after the movies. He kept watching her and his sister interact, saw how nice and gentle Mavis was, how much Mavis seemed to genuinely enjoy his sister's company, how while doing so, her face would light up with a smile on her face, like she was genuinely having fun, and it made him happy, and he saw how she would always blow a kiss to Naya as a form of endearment without being inappropriate, and he saw how Naya seemed to be genuinely having fun. Each thing Mavis does at the moment, that he witnessed, would be such a siren's call to him and he didn't know how to feel about it.

He closed his eyes and tried his best to keep his mind clear so he could finally fall asleep.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Eryx got up and instantly got ready to take a shower, as he hummed a melody in his head that was playing all night at the movie theaters. His thoughts were filled with dozens of things mainly his sister, his mother and Mavis. He smiled slightly as he finished cleaning himself off.

"Eryx." Eryx heard his mother start to say from behind his bedroom door and he rolled his eyes instantly.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ "Yes Mother?" He answered her, begrudgingly. Her very voice pissed him off. Like she was tryna be a victim in everything when every single time its her fault it even happened and he was over it.

"We need to talk." She says.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ "About what?" He says as he ran his brush through his messy brunette locks, he was going to school today and he didnt have the patience to talk to her and he knew she won't leave him alone because school started in a hour.