Chapter 1: Operation Squealheart

9:52 P.M.

Trogdor Federation: Macthane Bridge, Vent City

A sleek black limousine sped through the lonely road of the historic Macthane Bridge. It was followed by four high-speed Carvonet cars and a military armored truck. This was no ordinary trip for Officer Stone and the Vent police. It was their first time to use the Carvonets instead of their usual police cars. And this time, compared to their usual security escort missions, they were joined by a team of military operatives from the federation’s armed forces for extra precautions.  After all, the convoy was escorting a very important and fragile package they could not afford getting even a tiny scratch on. Otherwise, it would cost them their job--- and life.

That package was Eulalie Hearth, daughter of the late Governor Roland Hearth of Vent City. Roland Hearth’s death was not a surprise to those who knew him. Considering his fast deteriorating health due to cancer, it was an inevitable event that Eulalie knew would happen soon. It’s just that the eighteen year old girl was still not ready for the consequences of her father’s death. She still had to deal with her depression following the death, and the responsibilities that awaited her when she officially becomes the new governess of Vent City.

“Ms. Hendricks, what do you think of me?” Eulalie asked the woman beside her, her eyes gazing at the evening view of the sea.

The middle-aged woman can’t help but feel awkward with Eulalie’s question despite the years she had spent with her and her father. Katrina Hendricks was the Hearths’ loyal family servant having served the family for 22 years. Katrina was the closest thing Eulalie could compare to as a mother. She was just four when her parents separated and since then it was Katrina who took care of her.

“I am not in position to answer that governess,” Katrina finally replied.

“Don’t call me with that title just yet Ms. Hendricks,” Eulalie pleaded. “I still have a name.”

The middle-aged woman smiled at her before granting her plea. “I’m sorry Eulalie,” she said. “But you know I need to get used in calling you by that.”

“Okay then,” Eulalie replied. “You can call me by that when it’s all official. After the Appointing Ceremony maybe. But it's still Euli or Eulalie for now.”

“I guess I can deal with that,” Katrina assured her with another smile.

The weather was damp and cold and was accompanied by light rain. There were no stars that night. The moon was the lone source of light in the darkness of the evening. It was a beautiful sight. Sailing by the peaceful waves of the sea just under the Macthane Bridge, while observing all of this would be breath-taking. But to Sven, this night has the atmosphere perfect for something else. This night would be the D-Day to execute the bold kidnapping attempt of the future governess of Vent City with just a crew of six. But Sven and his crew were anything but ordinary; they were part of Tera Palxa, the most feared and most notorious criminal organization in the nation. The organization is known for its fast and ruthless crime operations, and feared for its infamous Thirteen Bullets: thirteen members of the organization who possessed extra-human abilities called “imperiums”.  Sven was one of the thirteen.

Armed, well-trained, influential, and organized, Tera Palxa was a nightmare the police had to deal with everyday. The criminal organization extends from all over the country, and extends its influence and connections even outside the Trogdor Federation to other countries in the world. At its current state, Tera Palxa is indestructible.

And now, it’s just a few moments away before the organization attempts its most daring crime ever. Sven knew this was history in the making for the organization. He inhales a deep breath of sea air as he prepares to give fervor to his next words. He clears his throat and then turned on his small radio microphone to give the go signal for the operation.

“Operation Squealheart, commence!”  He ordered.