Chapter 3

"Guys, we have a meeting with Chief Bang in thirty minutes, get ready for it," Namjoon announced as he opened the glass door of their private office. All of the detectives were given a personal office where only they were given access to avoid any evidence getting out.

"But we have found nothing, hyung," Jungkook said from his desk.

"I know, It's been three days and we have found nothing on the killer except that he is a male." Namjoon said, tugging strands of his hair in frustration.

"Let's not stress ourselves out. Everything takes time," Yoongi said.

"But hyung, Chief will be so angry," Taehyung said. The six boys sighed loudly.

"Let's just get ready for the meeting and pray that the Chief is in a good mood," Jin said. They all nodded and then started collecting all of the information they had gathered within the fourdays they had been investigating.

----------------------

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," the Chief said as he entered the conference room and settled in his seat.

"Please share with me what you have gathered up until now," he said and Namjoon stood up.

"I will brief you on what information we have collected so far," Namjoon said as he reached the middle of the room.
"When we were discussing among ourselves, we realized that something was suspicious when the families refused to sign the autopsy papers. So we questioned the families and they all said the same thing, which was that it was their own personal decision and that they were not threatened by the killer."

The Chief hummed. "That's a very intelligent move, just as I expected from you, Officer Kim," he praised Namjoon and everyone smiled thinking that he was in a good mood and would not scold them too harshly.

"Thank you, Chief," Namjoon said, giving a cute dimpled smile to him.

"What else did you gather about the killer other than that he is a male?" The Chief asked and Namjoon's smile dropped. The room was now filled with nervous scents of his team members.

"What is it? What's with the sudden nervous scents?" The Chief asked as he looked around the room at the six men.

"Umm..." Taehyung started but then stopped and looked at Jin.

"That is..." Jin said and then looked at Yoongi with pleading eyes.

"Hobi will tell you," Yoongi said and Hoseok glared at him.

"Jungkookie said that he wanted to tell you," Hoseok said and before Jungkook could say anything, the Chief slammed his fist on the table.

"Is there a joke going on over here?!" The Chief yelled loudly. The members all stood up from their seats. There were a few officers outside whose attention was gained by the loud voice.

"Four people were murdered within three weeks and you all think this is all a joke?! Four days have gone by and you only found out that the killer is a male?! AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES EXPERT DETECTIVES OF THIS DISTRICT?!" The Chief's angry speech was interrupted when he started coughing. He sat down and Taehyung quickly poured a glass of water and placed it in front of him.

The Chief grabbed the glass and drank the water. He placed the half empty glass back and started rubbing his forehead. He stood up after a while and looked at the men in front of him. He looked much calmer than before but the anger was still visible on his face. His eyes stopped at Namjoon.

"Officer Kim Namjoon, I have high expectations of you. Please do not disappoint me next time. The same goes to all of you, do not disappoint me. You should be ashamed as I thought very highly of you and look at what you gave me," the Chief exited the room. When the six men looked up they were met by other officers displaying various emotions through the glass windows of the conference room.