Chapter 2

"Good morning officers!" Chief Bang said as he entered the conference room. The room was filled with the previous case investigators and the new case investigators.

"Good morning, Chief!" The officers replied loudly and bowed. The Chief signaled them to sit down.

"As you all know, we are gathered here to discuss the killings of wealthy Alphas around the country." The officers said a collective 'yes', prompting him to continue. "Good. Now, without wasting our precious time in meaningless speeches, can the respective officers please start the briefing?"

Five officers stood up. They made their way towards the projector screen and the lights were lowered so that the screen was visible. The Chief took his seat beside Namjoon and the officers started their briefing.

"Good Afternoon, fellow officers. Our team's name is TXT, and we have been investigating this case.. I am the leader of the team, Soobin, and I will be briefing the case," Soobin explained.

"The first murder was reported on May 2nd," he went on. "This was the first week of May. The victim was one of the ministers of a political party. His wife had died a few years ago and he had no other family members."

"What about the forensic report?" Jungkook asked.

"We did an autopsy of the body but there were no DNA traces of the murderer." Soobin then signaled one of his team members, who switched the slides. The new slide displayed a picture of the dead body at the crime scene.

"We just found a lipstick mark on the man's cheek in the shape of a kiss.. There was nothing else on the scene."

"There was no DNA on the lipstick?" Namjoon asked.

"No. We concluded that the murderer didn't come in direct contact with the victim. He drew the lipstick mark on him." Another team member, who had introduced himself as Hueningkai, spoke.

"Was there a scent or something that would reveal the subgender of the murderer?" Seokjin asked.

"Unfortunately, no, there was no scent. We concluded that the murderer is either a Beta or was using scent blockers."

"Scent blockers are expensive." Taehyung pointed out.

"Yes. That's why we put 'expected to be wealthy' in the report that we made and are using it to write details of the murderer upon our observations."

"So, we don't know about their subgender," Yoongi stated and Soobin nodded. The six males collectively let out a disappointed sigh.

"Please excuse me but what have you done this whole time? Were you even investigating?" Namjoon asked and the other team looked down in embarrassment.

After a short silence, he gestured for them to continue. The screen changed, displaying a picture of the body of an old man..

"The second murder happened on the 6th of May. This would be the 2nd week of May. The victim was the owner of a five-star restaurant: Min Myung-Seok. The crime scene was identical to the first one. The family members refused to do an autopsy on the victim so we could not find anything on him." Again the screen was changed and a new person's dead body was displayed.

"This is the third murder. This is Kim Dave, the MGB bank owner. He was killed on the 10th of May, the 3rd week, making it a pattern. His family also refused to do an autopsy on him so we had to leave the body. The crime scene was, again, the same as the others with lipstick mark on his cheek." The screen changed again and another dead body was displayed.

"This is our most recent victim. He is a parliamentary member, Mr. Choi. He was killed on the 14th of May, in the same week as the previous murder. The crime scene is being investigated as of now. His family has refused the autopsy too." Soobin finished.