Chapter one

The people were out in mass with placard held boldly with nothing written on it one could hardly tell the reason for their numbers,but by the way everyone knows they were expressing their disapproval towards the labor wage given to them,they needed an increase in their salary and the only way they could be heard was on a protest,some of them were not even complaining on the salary but the fact that the new sack that was provided to be filled with groundnut peels off their skin from their fingers whenever they try to sew it at the end,they complain on the quality of the sacks entirely,even though effort has been made towards that,they were only allowed to protest as of right not because it was a compulsory way for them all to speak,they were all marching to the family house of Bayero Dala who happened to be the head of labor amongst all working towards the building and development of the Kano groundnut pyramid.It was 11:30am in the morning ,the sun was out in its brightening glory ,drying down leaves from the tree falling and littering the whole environment..The protesters were walking and chorusing "we need change,we need it now" it was indeed peaceful since none of them had on it any object likely to inflict bodily hurt on anyone,just from no where a large crowd of people came holding matches and knifes,some of them were holding local guns scaring the whole community,their intentions was obvious but heaven knows the emir as the first most recognized citizen was a lover of peace and never let any damage on the effort to have the groundnut pyramid a success or the well being of his citizens,the whole protest was laid to rest due to the emergence of the mob.
Between the period of 1860's the economic hub of growth of the people in Dala town was farming especially crops like groundnut.The people were known as the best producers from far and near,not to talk of their groundnut which was extra amongst other provinces production.The said crop has provided breakthroughs for women who were expertise in groundnut production and harnessing oil from the produce.the groundnut mostly were roasted on firewood on a long used heated pan that was made only for that purpose,according to them the pan has an originality of bringing out the best from the groundnut,hence cannot be used for cooking.the groundnut skin would be peeled and transferred to an open hand mixing stone and blend to a smooth paste whereby water would be added to have it stirred.the whole process was rigorous but it does fetches them a lot of money,especially women in other groundnut producing communities like Bunkure and Nasarawa .
The Family of Bayero Dala were all traders even when the time came for people to obtain western education,very few of them like Buba Dala took interest and later became most consented son when it comes to matters of economy arising.Buba Dala was the first son of Bayero Dala a very rich business man in the whole of Dala town,who was a Northern Nigerian trader in groundnuts and a distributor to other places.They saw farming as a family business.Buba has three other siblings Kaltume,Idi and yerima Dala being the youngest of them all.Kaltume was the only daughter in the history of the Bayero Dala's,she was born in astute affluence,all her friends were like her slave.she was a woman of might abd power,very tall and dark having long gap tooth's in between her front rows tooth,she was an epitome of beauty as many men tried to win her hand in marriage during her youthful days.She loves the adventures of life,cooking was a regular hobby as she would always prepare a sumptuous meal for her brothers.they all never grew up with a mother and she happens to fit into roles in her own,one thing synonymous with her was her temper,she would get emotional and react to the littlest of things.When her first marriage failed,it was discovered after her divorce that she got angry over a flicker of light that got spilled from the evening lantern and burnt her expensive veil,her husband could not take the class difference always spotted by her especially,she always refers to him as a "gold digger" and promises never to have a child with him.many people in Dala says she took over her grandfather late Bayero Dala,the only thing that made his trading business successful was the zeal he had in the business and not his anger,he will come to work and fire twenty workers and only considering five employment application from desiring applicants..Nobody cared about how they live their life because once it's 4:pm their father has lived a life of closing his gate from whichever visitor whomever it was.Before their fathers Demise he was able to put all his business ideas down to his first son Buba due to his capabilities and desire to see the business grow,he has the interest of the family at heart and wanted to do more than expected..Buba was at his early 30's when his father passed away and still unmarried,it's one of his saddest memory of his father that he wasn't able to give him a grand child.The family had gained a top popularity in the whole city of Kano,they were the first to have a customized sack boldly written "Dala sacks" for packing and filling of their groundnut.Aside their affluence they were known for tribal ideas,history has it that they are originally Fulani's who migrated from the banks of Ngazargamu when their fire fathers migrated with grazing animals,nobody ever thought they would resort to farming but they successfully did.However,some of them became fishermen,traders and others were verse in textile production.some people believe that one of their forefather was a pupil of Usmanu danfodio who ruled Kano during the revolt.one may not be wrong to call them hausas because of the strong threshold of Kano as a strong hausa bakwai,but in real sense they are not.One Basic thing makes them unique was the practice of endogamy,MarriageMany  was kept strictly within the Dala Family.even Kalthume that was married was not at some point considered as a part of the family but an outcast,until she got divorced on personal grounds devoid of their interference.they practice a cast system that seldom intermarries ...they have the biggest farmland in the whole of Dala.they also invested in other business like Tye and Dye fabric,it was not as lucrative as their groundnut business but at least it has fetched them some resources,many travelled from far and wide to buy their dyed fabric,historians talked on how "Tuaregs" the so called "blue -men- of the desert" named after a striking color of their clothes used to visit Dala where they traded their camels and dates to get their hands on the vibrantly dyed fabric✨the only one who had more interest in the dying trade was Yarima Dala,he was a person who loves to explore and enjoy the beauty of Arts,he had his shirts that was brought from afar dyed to perfection uniquely just for him.