The Demon's tag along

Começar do início

"Does it hurt?" You ventured carefully when you finished cleaning the cut.

"It stings slightly, but nothing to fuss over." Red son replied as you readied a bandage.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" You asked as you began to apply the bandage to his cheek.

"Aheh what? You didn't think the son of the Great Demon Bull King and Princess Iron Fan would know how to defend himself?" Red son scoffed haughtily.

A heat burned your cheeks. Of course he knew how to fight. His parents actually cared about his well-being. He was someone. You shook your head lightly to dispel those thoughts.

"Could you teach me?"

Red son studied you.

"No."

"What? Why not?!" You demanded watching him get to a stand once again.

"Why?! Because you snuck into my home, stole my belongings, and forced me into this horrendous situation."

You gave a pout and Red Son huffed.

"Not to mention you're the third most annoying person I have ever met." Red son began walking away.

You blew out a scoff and started putting your things away.

Meanwhile.

"Ah I've been expecting you." Your father smiled at a shadowed figure who knelt before him. "I want my daughter alive. The demon is disposable, dump his remains near his home where his parents can find them. I want them to get the message."

The shadowed figure grinned and gave a single nod before vanishing into the dark of the night.

You stumbled as Red Son walked hurriedly. His pace was brisk and unyielding. You were relatively short so keeping pace was significantly difficult. And you kept stumbling from exhaustion.

"Ugh would you hurry up?!" Red son demanded. "We can't be out in the open like th-"

An arrow cut the young fire demon off as it whizzed right past his eyes barely missing him.

"Red-" you raced towards him hoping he wasn't hurt only for him to shove you to the ground behind a tree.

"Get down you imbecile!" Red son growled before setting his first on fire. His eyes scanned your surroundings. Only, he saw nothing. No movement in the heavy shadows surrounding you both, no new arrows, nothing.

You peaked around the tree trunk following his gaze.

"Maybe you scared them off?" You suggested hopefully.

"Would you be qui- Look out!" Red Son reached for you suddenly as something ripped you backward. You fell into a void beneath you.

A gasp was the only noise to escape your lips before you hit solid ground with jarring force. The contact knocked the air from your lungs and immediately someone yanked you up from behind. Before you could get your bearings, a cloth tied around your mouth and another around your eyes.

You reached up and grabbed the cloth around your mouth just before someone took hold of your wrists and tugged them behind you. Thankfully, your grip was tight enough to rip the gag down when your captor took your wrist.

"RED SON!" You screamed. A sharp pain spiked in the back of your head immediately after and you fell forward as the darkness swarming your vision swept your consciousness away.

Meanwhile

Red Son reached to grab the insufferable girl only to be thwarted by a shadow that ripped her in to a blackened portal.