Chapter 1

"Damn it Dante where u put my keys?"

Hey, I'm Cassandra and I'm trying make it to this studio so I can do this music life and shit. Dante Is my current boyfriend.  He's working with me to get this singing shit down. We've been together for about 4 months now. Things were really good at first but he's been acting jealous and what not lately.
"C Ian even touch yo damn keys😑, you just hella unorganized and always losing shit. "
He was right but I didn't want to hear that shit.
" Whatever, Tay you just a bitch."
After shuffling around the house and I finally found my keys in my purse and headed out.

Danté wanted to come so he drove his car and showed up about 15 min after Me.
As I walked in I see my girl Jelly. She in here wit the beats.
"Jelly!!" I screeched so excited to see her!!
I ran to her and grabbed squeezed her tight.
She was smiling as I hugged her.
"Hey, I haven't seen you in a minute!" She hit my side.
"Stop disappearing on me!" She laughed.
Just as our interaction ended, August Alsina walks in along with my cousin Kirko Bangz.

August speaks with that accent, " wassup Jellz, how yo day going today?" He makes his way past me to side hug her.
"It's going good! I Got this new track and artist I want to show you. This is my girl I was telling you about!" She gestured my way.
"Hey, I'm Cassidy most people call me Cass tho." I said blushing. Jellz knows I've been absolutely dying to meet him let alone work with him.
August turned my way and smiled..
"Awww so you're Ms. Cassidy." He came over and grabbed my hand and then kissed it.
His lips were so soft.
Kirko spoke up...
"This my baby cousin Cassandra , we call 'erh C doe." referring to me. 
"So we finna get this music going or what?" Kirk says sitting in Jelly's chair and playing the beat for today. August's eyes never left me I felt my body get warm.
"Yeah, lets go I wanna here her voice." August say while leaning against the wall and biting his lips.
As I go into the sound room, Donté walks in and greets everyone and then sits down to watch me. As the beat plays I start freestylin' and then I start singing from my heart. It felt so good to be on point and get To do what I been wanting to do. I felt the hole being burned into me with all the eyes on me. Especially August's Stare.
"Baby you got it ! God damn you got a nice ass voice! " August says smirking.
"Thank you!" I say blushing like a mf
"Kirk yo fam really got it going. " August says walking over to stop the music.
"Yeah I know. But thanks " Kirko start smiling and motions me to come out the booth.
As I walk out I notice Donté giving August a very dirty look.
"Wassup wit you Tay?" I say annoyed
Donté laughs and says, "aw nothing, ole dude must not know you mine." Donté gets up and tries to come and grab me, I pull away.
"Not now Tay, we're trying to handle business." I say trying to move away from his kiss.
Donté gets pissed and kind of pushes me away falling back into the chair.
Everyone was just watching.
August spoke up, " aye man it's not like that I was just complimenting her talent it's the music industry. You've got to be more secure in your relationship bro and you don't need to be putting your hands on her."
Donté again gets upset. "Man I'll do whatever the fuck I feel like I need to. And I don't need a bitch ass nigga telling me how to move with my bitch"
Kirko stands up and gets involved.
"Donté you need to go bruh before I have to handle you. Cuz you definitely not talking to sis like that!"
Donté heads to the door.
"I'm out bruh you move weird."
As Donté walks out I just shake my head and put my head down.
"I'm so sorry y'all, this session was great. Jelly thank you again. August thank you for your time. And Kirk, I'll see you later on. I'm hungry and i could use a drink so I'm gonna go now " I say getting up to hug Jelly and Kirk.
"Yeah im Finna bounce too," August looked up and locked eyes with me.
I head out for my car then I'm stopped when someone lightly grabs my arm.

"Cass, let me take you out to lunch." August says smiling and licking his lips.
" Oh I don't know..." I looked around nervously, I didn't want to go home though. I finally agreed to go have lunch.
"I'll drive. Just come with me." August says opening the passenger door for me.
He then gets in and we start driving. August puts his hand on my thigh as he starts talking.
I jumped a bit and closed my legs closer together.
August laughs.
"What's so funny? 😂" I smirk.
"You made me laugh when you closed your legs closer. "
"Well.. it just caught me off guard." I giggled flustered.
"Wanna eat at my place?😏" August asked.
"Yeah why not?" I knew Tay would be pissed but the way he embarrassed me today I had enough and I was just about done.