Finale: Wang Xian

Start from the beginning

Lan Sizhui finally realized that his actions were a little rude. He lifted his short arms to scratch the back of his head. “Sizhui is sorry. I was just so excited that I’m going to be a big brother.”

“You’re going to be what?!”

Wen Qing who just taught Lan Sizhui of etiquette suddenly entered the main room unannounced.

“…” Lan Sizhui who was cheated on by his auntie could only stare wordlessly at her disappearing back.

Wen Qing, “Lan Wangji, what’s this?”

Lan Wangji calmly lifted his head to meet Wen Qing’s eyes. He understood that Wen Qing might have not sensed that Wei Ying is pregnant. The little life in Wei Wuxian’s womb was just starting to form. He could sense it easier only because of their resonance as a father and child.

“Please restrain your excitement,” Lan Wangji reminded Wen Qing as he glanced at his still sleeping wife.

Wen Qing, “I know. I apologize. It’s because I’m quite surprise. Is A’Ying really pregnant?”

Lan Wangji, “Mnn.”

Wen Qing, “But thinking about it, this is really not surprising. A’Ying just has the ability to make miracles.”

“…” Changing one’s gender opposes the natural order. It was really a miracle that the heaven allowed this to happen. Lan Wangji was afraid that there would be consequences so he asked Wen Qing, “I will trouble Lady Wen to check on them.”

“No trouble.” Wen Qing chuckled as she approached Wei Wuxian.

Wen Qing did a thorough check up on the mother and child. Indeed, the life inside Wei Wuxian’s womb were only starting to form. It was no surprise that she missed it from her last visit. However, now that she had a heads-up, she knew where to focus and successfully found them.

“!!!”

Wen Qing suddenly laughed. “You never failed to surprise me, A’Ying!”

Lan Wangji, “What is wrong?”

Wen Qing, “Congratulations! Your children are perfectly healthy.”

Lan Wangji was not familiar with pregnancy. Seeing the trace of blue and red spiritual energy inside Wei Wuxian’s womb, he thought that it was only the union of their respective spiritual power. He didn’t know that it was because there were really two of them!

“I…”

“You are so happy?” Wen Qing teased as she patted the man on his shoulder.

Lan Wangji nodded but he was still worried, “Wei Ying, will he be okay carrying a twin?”

Wen Qing, “Well, your worry is not unwarranted. Even though A’Ying’s condition already improved, his injuries still caused some complications. Now that he is carrying another lives, he should be more careful. No excessive movements. No stress. Most importantly, avoid nagging relatives. But overall, A’Ying could deliver the twins normally.”

Lan Wangji, “I understand. I will announce that Wei Ying and I will enter seclusion.”

“Sorry to interfere with your family matters, but your Uncle will surely not like that idea.”

It was only a week after the family locked themselves in Jingshi and it was said that Lan Qiren had almost Qi deviated. Wen Qing could only imagine the old man’s reaction if he hears Lan Wangji’s plan of entering seclusion.

Lan Wangji looked down, his emotion hidden behind his thick eyelashes. “Uncle is only afraid that I will follow my father’s footsteps.”

Wen Qing had heard some stories of Lan Wangji’s parents. Apparently, his mother committed a crime of killing his father’s teacher. In order to protect the woman he loved, he brought her back to the Cloud Recesses and married her. But based on the rumors, it’s more like imprisoning them in the guise of seclusion.