52) Infidelity

🌺

The moon's silver light with the cold hazy winds entered through the half opened windows, caressing her soft skin while her lips murmured the words written on the book.

Aadya did not want to come out from the warmth of her soft blanket and close the windows.

So she snuggled more to the baby pink blanket not waving her eyes from the feelings written on the crisp pages.

Sometimes her brows knitted together other times a grimace came to her face reading the story of a woman.

The story was about a woman from pre independent India. Most precisely a woman seeing her young days in 1936.

The heroine of the story was a quiet girl who was newly married. And now was the duchess of the royal town in West India.

On her first night her husband told her the truth. He can love her but he can never satisfy her on the bed.

He was not interested in any physical contact. It does not make him feel good.

She got all the love and care from her husband. He used to treat her like a raw diamond but every night she would find herself getting hot, drenched with sweat and rubbing her legs together under the blanket, alone yearning for a touch of man or woman but at least a touch.

Her husband never spent a night with her because he knew the night was never for them.

She waited, controlled and tried to tame her desires but one day she crossed the line and had sex with one of the maid employed to work for her.

One day her husband saw her engaging with a woman in a bed and everything fell on him..

With a broken heart he asked,"Why did you do this? "

His wife only looked at him blankly, "Isn't it obvious? Love can never satisfy the hunger of the body."

Aadya closed the book with a shut.

With the back of her hand she wiped the sweat off her forehead," Darling," she heard Vikram.

Aadya hid the book under her blanket and looked at Vikram who was entering the small library.

He was smiling to her but when he saw his darling sweating in the cold winter his got concerned and asked her worriedly, "What happened Aadya? Why are you sweating so much?"

Aadya blinked as he wiped the sweat beads from her face and looked at her worriedly.

She held his hand and made him sit near her on the sofa,"Vikram," she said.

"Yes darling, say," he asked, wrapping his hand around her shoulder. He caressed her shoulder when he felt her muscles getting rigid.

Aadya smiled a little when she saw how worried he was for her and asked about Aditya and her papa first," where are they ? They are stopping for dinner right?"

Vikram sighed and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears,"No they are not."

"But why?" she asked. "Darling, dad has dinner plans with mum and Aditya...he is a young and bachelor man. He does dinner with different girls on different nights,"he chuckled at his little brother. He knows how to live a colorful life.

Few months back he was also like that.Whom he was kidding was worse than him.

"Oh.." said Aadya, nodding her head.

Vikram looked at his wife when she suddenly turned quiet. By the look on her face he knew something was going in her mind.

He was about to ask what she was thinking about so deeply.