15: shotgun stares

Start from the beginning

"Uh huh."

"And he asked me if I wanted a pop-"

"A pop?" Cassie repeated, sounding confused.

"That's what they call soda in Chicago," Rory informed her.

"Oh."

"Anyways he put the soda behind his back for me to guess then he kissed me," Rory continued.

Cassie's eyes opened immediately as she rolled over to face her older sister. Now she was wide awake and eager to hear about her sister's first kiss. Cassie sat up, turning to face her sister with a bright smile on her face.

"Go back and tell me the whole thing again, start to finish," Cassie said, tapping her sister's leg with excitement.

Rory smiled, laughing quietly before starting her story all over again. She gave Cassie a play by play of everything that happened the second they parted ways after their bus ride home. Cassie wore a look of shock on her face the entire time Rory spoke. She knew Dean had a crush on her sister but she wondered if he'd ever do anything about it.

"Wait, which aisle was it?" Cassie asked her with an excited look on her face.

"Aisle 3."

"The one with the ant spray?" Cassie asked, then Rory nodded her head. "Oh that's a good aisle."

"That's what Lane said," Rory told her, still giddy with excitement.

"And how was it? Was there any tongue action?"

"No, there wasn't any tongue," Rory told her with a confused look on her face. Then the look changed, and she looked almost sad. "Should I tell Mom?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"She doesn't know about Dean," Rory reminded her, but Cassie didn't seem to understand the problem. "The last time we talked about him it was... bad."

"Right," Cassie let out a sigh as she tried to figure out what the best solution was.

"What did you do?"

"After my first kiss?" Cassie asked, then Rory nodded. Cassie thought to herself for a minute, remembering her first kiss. It was after school and Simon Turner had pulled her underneath the bleachers and kissed her. It wasn't exactly magical but they dated for an entire three weeks before she broke up with him. "We got caught by the teachers and they called Mom and his parents."

"Hmm..." Rory hummed, since that wasn't exactly helpful for the situation she was in.

"You should tell her," Cassie said, giving her a piece of advice. "It's Lorelai, she's an expert in the guy department."

"So are you," Rory told her.

Cassie laughed, shaking her head at her sister's words. "I'm not. Not even close."

"You've had boyfriends."

"I've had guy friends," Cassie corrected. "I've kissed two guys, and one was on a dare. I'm no expert. I've never had a real boyfriend."

Rory grew quiet for a moment, seeing an expression on her sister's face that she didn't recognize. Cassie was always so confident in the guy department, but now she looked confused. It was something Rory's never seen before.

"What?"

Cassie shook her head. "Nothing. It's just... I'm glad you have Dean. He seems great."

"Yeah, he is."

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--