Irene had read enough books that she had memorized the history of families and even the empire.

She was bored at that time.

Irene sat on the bench outside of the classroom, but still inside of the classroom with one of the knights standing beside her.

Irene thought about calling for Undine or one of them, but she decided it was best to not attract attention.

She only can patiently wait for Alice to finish.

Irene sat there thinking.

Alice and she were turning fourteen next year and enrolling in the academy.

The arc had barely started or even triggered, everything had changed because of Irene, who does not care anymore.

She sat there quietly and looked around the walls, it was calming or peaceful...one of those words.

Suddenly, Irene hears a voice calling for her.

She turns her head, "Josiah?"

"Irene?"

Next thing you know, Josiah and Irene are sitting on the bench together.

"What are you doing here?"

Irene asks Josiah suspicious of the guy.

"I was checking if you guys were here to take the exam..."

Josiah said honestly, Irene did not say anything.

"I was here yesterday and left afterward then bumped into you," he explained, Irene turned to him with a confused expression.

"Didn't you graduate?"

Irene asks the boy, "Well, I still have two more years and I was granted permission if I wanted to stay here longer."

Irene nodded in understanding, "I was here yesterday with Sasha, she seemed nervous...but I think she passed."

"Of course, she will!"

Irene said smiling, the two then awkwardly sat on the bench silently.

The knight that was standing beside Irene also felt awkward.

"I will see you at the academy then," Josiah said standing up, "Until then."

Then he left.

The bell rang, which means the exam is now over.

Alice came out of the classroom with a worried face painted on her face, "I feel like I did bad..."

Irene quickly reassured her, "You studied, you might not think you did good, but you did! I promise."

Irene watches the other kids leave the classroom full of worried faces.

Was the exam that hard?

Alice looked unconvinced, "Do not worry, let's find out our results next week...alright?"

The brown-haired girl nodded with passion, "Think positive!"

"Yes!"

Irene cheers Alice on.

Eventually, the two girls were on the carriage going back.

"I'm impressed, how did you finish so fast?"

Alice questioned in the carriage ride back, Irene thought long and hard about how to respond to the question.

"Well, I read a lot of books?"

It was really the key player in passing and reading.

Alice looked stunned and let out a string of laughter.

"Sounds about right."

The two girls talked happily to one another, they arrived home with staff asking how was it.

"I reassure you guys, we did well," Irene said silencing the worried expressions on the staff members.

"Of course, Young miss did well!"

"Alice too! They both studied so very hard!"

They cheered, "I'll make sure the chef will make something extra special tonight," Elle said winking with a smile on her face then left.

Irene awkwardly laugh in response and looked around the mansion, Sofia was obviously hyped and jumping on Irene.

"Haha, not right now!"

Irene pushed aside the whining dog and continued to look around; upstairs and downstairs.

Looks like Ralph still hasn't come back yet...

Irene missed the doufus and her instructor.

She sighed and walked upstairs to her room, Alice was busy playing with the dog.

Irene lay on her bed, exhausted.

"You aced it right?"

Undine appeared out of nowhere with a cheeky grin.

"Of course," Salamander said calmly as he appeared in a peaceful mood.

"Our Irene is very smart," Sylph sounded like some grandma.

"You will pass," Gnomes reassured.

Irene smiled at them with full of confidence, "Of course, I know that!"

The four of the spirits laughed.

In a flash, the day of the exam results came...

~Author's Note~

Answer the question. Also thanks for 400k read and 16k votes, love you guys! Stay healthy please!

- ANMU