8 - Sparks

"So you mean to say.. that we all eat our own snots?"

"Well, if you put it like that, yeah" I replied to Ricky. The two of us are currently at school ground under a tree. Ricky suggested we do the tutoring here and I agreed coz I need the fresh air knowing I'll be with this moron over here. I can't be in a closed room with his lingering alluring scent. I'd die.... in sexual frustration.

"Man, thats gross" he looked at me with his face frowning

We're discussing about the respiratory system and how it cleans itself in various ways such as sweeping secretions like the mucus to our mouth. So yeah, like how Ricky phrased it, we do eat and swallow our own snot.

"The average human swallows around 1.5 pints of mucus every single day so thats... mmmm around 190 teaspoons or more? I'm not sure with the math" His frowned face frowned even more in disgust.

I rolled my eyes at him "oh don't be so squemish, you eat raw rabbits and other animals in the wild every once in a while."

"That's different! Thats actual food and I do that in my wolf form!" I laughed at his stupid reply

"Eating them in your wolf form doesn't change the fact that you ate them raw with all the bacteria on and in them" I scoffed and smirked at him as I watched him look at me in horror "along their bodies that you ate is their poo inside their large intestines" I added matter of factly

I watched his face go pale as he pictured what I just said in his brain.  I laughed so hard at his face. So hard that if someone told me I'd be laughing like this with him a month ago I would've  smacked that someone in the head for even considering it.

My laughter reduced into giggles and I looked at him again to see him staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?"

"I made you laugh" I automatically stopped my giggles and averted my gaze to the book on my lap. We were silent for a while and I felt his gaze still on me. "I would eat all the snots in the world if it'll make you laugh like that again"

"You're so gross" i chuckled

"Can we be friends again? Like the old days?" He replied after a few seconds

"No" I automatically replied without thinking, my gaze still on the book.

"Come on Jamie. You don't still think I was bullying you, do you?" My name coming out of his mouth was so good to hear. Stupid mate bond.

I look at him and see him look at me with pleading eyes. "Please?"

When I think about all the things that has happened, I think it is unfair for him if I refuse his offer. It wasn't his fault he had to leave. I found out that as an alpha, he needed to start school at an alpha academy. He can then proceed to a highschool of his choice after that. I knew about that. I just didn't know he was the same Ricky I knew when I was a kid. I didn't know he was an alpha back then.

And he didn't mean to make me think he was bullying me. He's just an awkward, clumsy dude and he just wanted his old friend back.

"Fine." His face lighted up, his smile so wide that it made me think maybe he was pranking me. I gave him a suspicious look.
"Don't make me regret it, Ricky"

"I wont, I promise" he grinned

We continued our tutoring lesson for half an hour more until he started dozing off leaning his back to the tree trunk. He suddenly jolted up awake when I started to stand up and he held my hand before I could, sparks exploding from where he was touching me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going home Ricky, we're done here, see you tomorrow" I said as I dusted myself off with my free hand