I kind of wished that i'd been there, but hey, they had a good brother-bonding. What I would do for something like that..

Suddenly he handed me his phone, so I looked up at him.

"You can just keep looking, i'm going to go to the restroom and check on Jin-hyung." He smiled at me as I nodded before he walked off.

I put the phone down, waiting for him to be back, until I saw the chance. The chance to do that again. I looked at the phone and then to the closed door of his room and back, biting my lip.

I give in. Grabbing the phone again, it still hasn't turned off, I get out of the photos and into Jungkook's chat, smiling.

-
jjk.the.bunny: taeeeeee im bored :( (3d ago)
jjk.the.bunny: can you help me on my hw? i don't get it- (2d ago)
jjk.the.bunny: MY MOM JUST FELL DOWN THE STAIRS- (2d ago)
jjk.the.bunny: TAE PLS IDK WHAT TO DO :( (2d ago)
jjk.the.bunny: i'll talk when i can.. (2d ago)
jjk.the.bunny: tae? (Yesterday)
-

I widened my eyes, frowning. I felt so bad, maybe I shouldn't text him. He seems to be going through a tough time, and I'm not even who he thinks I am. 

I'm about to put the phone down when I see 3 dots, then a "TAE!!" Crap. I forgot about the read receipts.

-
jjk.the.bunny: TAE!!
jjk.the.bunny: WHERE HAVE U BEEN??
jjk.the.bunny: I MISSED U
kth.the.alien: hey.. im sorry :(
kth.the.alien: ive been- busy
kth.the.alien: is ur mom alright??
jjk.the.bunny: yea we called 911, shes in the hospital- 
kth.the.alien: kookie im so sorry abt not being here..
jjk.the.bunny: hey, can i call?
-

... Ah crap. What do I do now? I can't call, of course I can't, for so many obvious reasons. One, I don't sound like Taehyung, and i'd get caught. Two, Tae is in the bathroom literally 10 feet away from me, he'd hear me talking. Three, wouldn't he recognize that it's.. me? The thought brought a little heat to my face for some reason. And four, I'd be fumbling the whole time if I heard his voice again.

God, that sounds so bad.

-
jjk.the.bunny: hello?
kth.the.alien: srry but i cant rn
kth.the.alien: in the middle of smth-
jjk.the.bunny: oh.. its fine then-
kth.the.alien: maybe later?
jjk.the.bunny: mhm, i gotta go. talk later :)
kth.the.alien: sure, talk later :)
-

Something told me he didn't exactly mean that last smile. I felt it in my gut that I made a bad move, and it felt horrible. I can't ignore him forever, and I can't mention it to Jungkook at school tomorrow either. Unless he tells me first of course.

Then something hit me. Taehyung doesn't know about his mom. Jungkook will talk to Taetae about it, but he'll have no clue what he's talking about. Oh shit. Maybe I can smoothly tell Tae about it. How the hell would I do that? I supposedly don't talk to him that much. Screw it.

At that moment, Tae came out of the bathroom and grabbed his phone, smiling as clueless as ever. It just made me feel even worse.

"Those pictures are so pretty, right? Definitely worth the bruised ass." Taehyung started turning to go downstairs to check on his brother. He grabbed his phone, which reminded me that I had to get rid of my "dirty habit."

"Yeah, seemed like it. Maybe we can do that sometime," I smiled at him and he came over with a slight concerned face that made me confused.

".. What?"

"What's wrong, are you okay, Jiminie?" He put a hand on my back, the smile long gone.

"Uh.. yeah, why?"  I tilted my head a little.

"You just seem, mmm, distant. Your smile isn't as wide as usual. Did hyung come in here and say something while I was gone?"

Curse him knowing me oh so well. But also I loved every single atom in his body for noticing. How can someone be so observant yet always in the clouds? It was endearing and I loved when he noticed me. Just very bad timing, Tae. 

I debated really hard on what my response to that would be, and decided on just talking to him truthfully. Well, only a little, not the full thing. A white lie, I told myself.

"Oh, yeah, I'm alright. I just heard that Jungkook's mother is in the hospital or something. Someone texted me about it." I shrugged and looked away, knowing that if I made eye contact, I'd spill.

"Aw, poor Jungkook, I hope they're alright." He nodded and kissed my cheek before getting up. "I'll be right back, okay?" He handed me his phone again, and I didn't question it this time, giving him a nod and a small smile while still not meeting his eyes.

Taehyung left the room and I immediately logged back in, seeing that Jungkook went offline. I sighed, getting out of everything that had to do with him and turning off the phone. I put it next to me as I starting thinking to myself how big of a hole I've made. I just hope that tomorrow, when they talk about this, they won't mention my name.

I was just overflowing with guilt.

I have to fix this before it gets worse.

---

a/n:

oh my god. MY COMPUTER STRAIGHT UP SHUT DOWN AND NEVER TURNED BACK ON. all these excuses smh. well i can post every now and then, but istfg. i hate my life. well, theres another post :)

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry :((((( life sucks and im just trying to write, man.

- me </3