After going out of the school, I led her to Andrea's office. Like Maegan, she's also doing something on her computer.

"Ate Avery?" Andrea's eyes widened.

Avery was also shocked "What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be with Mr. President?"

Andrea looked at me and smiled "Something happened, i was saved by Alex. So here i am"

Avery was speechless for a moment. "T-The government has a base. I'm sure he'll get you..." Her looked at me and Andrea

Andrea laugh and led us to the sofa. "I know my Dad is safe, so I will stay here. This is my home now"

I nod and gave her a thumbs up in my heart.

"What if he force you?" Avery added.

Andrea smiled and said. "Then he will have to face Alex"

"....." Avery "that's your dad"

I chuckled and said "As long as we are strong enough to protect Andrea. He can't take her away. Unless Andrea decided to come with him, I won't do anything. I will respect her decision no matter what. They are family and I can't go between them. All depends to Andrea... What about you Avery? What if the government asked you to join them? What will you do?"

She was stunned and fell silent. Afterwards she smiled and said "I already promised you... Isa pa, government operated bases are complicated. There are a lot of superiors na kailangan kong pakisamahan. They may want me, only as a worker. What you're giving me is more challenging. I will be a boss of my own, and i will only have you as my superior"

"Very good!" I laugh and appreciated her more. "Andrea, do you have the sample brochure. Let Avery choose her own home!"

I sat down and pour some tea. I watch her looked at the brochure full of joy like a child. I silently heave a sigh. Very ironic, a year a ago, she is a billionaire with hundreds of properties and real estates.

Millions of people were killed.

Billions of tears are wasted.

I did wish for this kind of world... And now, i am regretting it.

"I like this one!" Avery pointed at the two storey house in East inner district. It's one of the houses Paris made with those architects. That's a good choice.

I hid a bitterness and guilt in my heart and gave her a sincere smile "Okay, you can choose your interiors, I'll pay for it"

"Good, boss!"

The whole day, I introduced her to the squads so she can familiarize herself. I saw her eyes brightens everytime she saw something new.

After the meal, she took a bath and continued looking around. Her hundred men are staying in inner district staff dormitories. Each room has 4 beds and a bathroom. We provide 3 meals a day and contribution points.

I still remember how my heart ache when we first serve them a cooked meal. Their grateful cries are like a knives stabbed in my chest.

Avery seems to know what i'm feeling. She gave me a look and said "It's not like you created this virus. There's nothing to be guilty"

Yes. I did not do this.

Whoever you are. We will meet someday.

___________

5 AM

I woke up hearing countless of shouts from the field. I already know that their trainings already started.

I decided to get up and train.

"Good morning, Alex"

I smiled and greeted them back.