Chapter 6

Two days later I went back to the library to see Misa, to see if she had any developments in the hunt for a publisher. The moment I walked into the library though I spotted her with an older looking man in a kimono;

Baroma Hachiku, Publisher

Lv- 12

REP- 0

The man was blading but looked like he did a lot of manual labour, maybe running, maybe something else. Misa noticed me immediately and she smiled waving me over.

"Good morning Yami," Misa smiled, "you arrived right on time. This is Baroma, the head publisher of the White Lily publishing house and a close friend," she turned to Baroma, "this is the little genius I was telling you about."

The man looked at me and immediately had an eyebrow, raised, "this is the boy who wrote the best book you have ever read?"

I raised an eyebrow, "did she not mention my age?"

Baroma grunted, "learn to speak with respect boy."

"Learn to spot talent old man."

Baroma's eyes went wide, "what?! You disrespectful brat! I have been working as a publisher for over twenty years I can spot talent a mile away!"

I shrugged, "then why didn't you see me?"

He snorted, "you have the arrogance of a writer down pat brat, I'll give you that. Let's see this book Misa keeps going on about," he said snapping his fingers at me.

I grumbled, I hate dealing with annoying people. I turned around, facing away from them and opened my inventory taking out the book in question. I turned around and gave him the book, the man taking it with a raised eyebrow at my odd behaviour.

He looked over the first page, his eyes going through each lines in seconds. Damn, I wish I could read that fast, hm, I wonder if I can get a skill for speed reading

He finished the first page in moment going into the second on, flipping through ten pages in the span of five minutes. And then he stopped shutting the book and closing his eyes in contemplation. I won't lie, I was a little nervous as to what he would say.

He looked at me, opening his piercing black eyes, "it's decent."

I smirked, "I know."

Misa groaned, "one good book and he already thinks he's the king of the world."

Baroma smirked before turning to me, "I'll read the rest of the book and tell you my response. If I like what I read then we'll take. Where do you live?"

"I live in the Ubru district in Red Leaves apartments. I'll be in room 18, just ask the manager where Naruto Uzumaki lives, he'll be able to guide you."

The publisher's eyes went wide, "you live with tha d-boy?" he quickly changed his tone the moment Misa's shape jonin eyes landed on the man.

I rolled my eyes, "yes, I live with Naruto. He's my friend and so far has been kind enough to let me share his home. So please, if you do wish to work with me, be aware he will be around me. Also I would watch my tongue if I were you, call him a demon once and you might have to refer to the Third's Anbu force," I finish with a wink.

Both adult's eyes went wide. "Y-Yami! How do you know about the Third's law?!" Misa asked in a hurried whisper.

I rolled my eyes, "oh please, I'm training to be a ninja Misa, I know when people are keeping secrets from me. Plus, I'm not an idiot. I figured out why people hate him ten minutes after hanging out with the kid. It's pretty obvious, you morons really think kids are that dumb? Please."