#8 - The Rogue Pilot

Start from the beginning

Amy scans the lounge again when the Coach returns to the changing room. Okay. She transmutes into her original form, her black turtleneck and blue jeans adjusting to its owner's body. 'That's better.' Tom says, rolling his sleeves up. He checks his phone when it vibrates in his pocket. Now let's see how the coach will react to this. Tom grins as he reads the notification.

He transmutes into Jason and heads to the Coach's lounge, his attire transforming into the tracksuit Jason wore in the photo. Didn't even lock the door. Tom muses as he opens the door. 'Coach?' he says in Jason's voice. The coach flinches and turns back, 'How are you here?'

The coach scurries to the young diver. 'What are you doing? Shouldn't you be in the arena right now?' Tom notices an orange blotch engraved on the man's forehead. Rune? Tom scans the murky room. 'Sir, you need to get out of this room.' He says in Jason's voice. 'Jason-' The coach gets stunned by a silhouette lurking in the corner. 'Nice one, Banks.'

The young lady's eyes gleam orange as she steps into the dim light. 'Macy Rune,' Tom chuckles as he transmutes into himself. 'You're alive.' He steps away from the coach who walks himself out of the room. 'Who sent - I mean - who saved you?'

'Doesn't matter.' Macy says, pulling out a golden locket from her pocket. 'I've already done my job.' Tom sprints to Macy but misses her as she disappears from the room. He notices the golden traces emanating from the locket earlier, on the floor. So it's true. Tom transmutes into the young tween, 'They don't even know how to get what they want.' The teleporter claps her hands once and vanishes from the room.

...

Jason slams the metal door open and enters the unwonted wintry rooftop. Where did she go? He scans his surroundings as he tries to recollect what happened in the last five minutes.

'Here's the final standings for the Women's Synchronized 3 m Springboard.' The commentator's voice fills the Athletes Lounge. Jason and Chris watch the television broadcasting the live event as they warm up.

A man donned in a black suit enters the lounge, 'Teams participating in the Men's Synchronized 3m Springboard final.' Jason and Chris look back to see the man. 'Please assemble in the lobby in five,' The man announces and walks out of the lounge. 

'You're ready?' Chris says. 'Yeah,' Jason replies. 'We'll win the gold.' 

'And finally get into the Olympic Team.' Chris says. Jason receives a call. I thought she would be on board by now. Jason muses as he reads the caller ID. 'I'll be back in a second.' Chris nods and closes his bag as Jason heads to a changing room. 

Jason picks up the call when he enters the empty changing room. 'Hello-' He looks up to see a silhouette in the room. Woah. He flicks the switch and sees his sister sitting on the bench. 'Good evening passengers. This is Captain Carolina Smith speaking. Welcome on-board Flight 67C.' She says, clasping her phone as if it was a transceiver. Jason notices her eyes glowing orange as he approaches her, 'Carrie?'

'Our flight time today will be eight hours and our estimated time of arrival in London is 03.00 GMT. ' She extends her hands, as if checking the controls on the cockpit. 'Carrie?' Jason touches his sister's shoulder, 'How are you here?' Carrie looks at Jason with a lit smile. 'I'll talk to you all before we reach our destination.' What is wrong with her? Jason tries to pull her phone away. Tears fall down Carrie's cheeks as her brother tries to shake her off. ' Hope you enjoy the flight.' They both disappear from the lounge.