> two

CHAPTER TWO—————

CHAPTER TWO
—————

Giselle found that the tavern was more welcoming than she expected. Some regulars in the place started to treat her like a friend, there were many of them. Usually, Giselle cleaned the whole place. That what she liked most, it made her calm during the loud nights in the tavern. It wasn't until one night that cleaning wasn't helping to keep her calm.

"Giselle, could you clean that table over there, please?" Anastasia asked looking at the girl. Giselle nodded with a smile. She smiled and greeted people as she passed regulars who came in. She leaned over cleaning the table when she felt somebody barge into the back of her.

She turned around, furious. She came to face a very, very drunk sailor. He turned around with a very, May I say unattractive, smirk on his face along side crumbs and a large, tangled beard. "Sorry, little Missy, I wasn't watching where I was going." He looked down to an exposed area of her chest.

"Well, no wonder.." she pushed him back, picking up the things she took over there. "You can't control what your eyes watch, can you?" She spat. She went to walk away when he grabbed her wrist.

"Hey, nobody speaks to me like that." He slurred. "Do you know who I am?"

"Well, no and I certainly do not give a hoot about who you are." Giselle told him. She struggled to take the man's hands off her wrists. For a drunk old man he was rather strong. "N-now let go of me."

"No, I think I won't. You see, there's a price for you little lady, I've seen the posters. Ginger, was it? No, no, Georgia? Oh, Giselle. Princess Giselle!" He almost screamed at the top of his lungs. The colour drained from Giselle's face as she tried to rip her arm away. He didn't budge. Suddenly a hand was slammed onto the man's shoulder.

"The lady said let go." A voice made the man freeze up. Giselle looked over the weird man's shoulder to reveal... a very handsome man. She stared at him in almost awe before she shook her head, remembering this was a serious situation. The man let go of Giselle's wrist and he turned around to face the man. "Oh, old man Daniels, isn't this a... surprise?" He laughed causing the men, who the redhead only just noticed, laugh.

The black-haired man looked down at Giselle, a smirk on his face. "Looks like your friend needs you, love."Anastasia waved Giselle to go over, the red head nodded while quickly walking past. He winked at her. In a flash, old man Daniels was already gone outside, rushing off. Was he really scared of that man?

Anastasia instantly checked the girl for injuries. "Did he hurt you? Are you all right? Do you want me to beat his ass? I will with no hesitation. Old man Daniels a pest in this town, thinks he owns it." Giselle laughed before she looked at the table where the man who helped her sat. Anastasia noticed this. She smirked while leaning on the counter looking at her. "Okay, Giselle, I see you. You're looking at him like James does Roselyn."