Chapter 23 - The Truth

The Hero of Legend wasn't sure what was going on. 

There were ten children in his living room, one being his own, nine of whom he had never seen before. Except for that one in the blue. At first glance she... he now realized this, looked stunningly just like Wild. The same blue eyes and shade of hair, heck, even the same hair style. And who could blame him for thinking it was Wild? The guy quite literally dressed in woman's clothing half the time. He could pass as any gender. But this girl didn't look to happy about being called Wild, and he was hoping that he would find out why, and quickly. 

"Alright, enough sitting there and staring at me. What's going on?" he snapped, earning himself a glare from the girl with fancy hair and bright blue eyes. "Hmm... Well, this may be hard to handle" said the girl with brown hair and matching eyes. She reminded him of... No. It couldn't be. "Each of us is the son or daughter of the Heroes of Hyrule" the one with a very familiar sword and mask said. Link's eyes widened. "Excuse me?" Had he heard her right? They were all sons and daughters of... Nah, that was impossible... Right. "We're all the children of the Heroes of Hyrule. Don't you remember me Uncle Legend?" asked the one with markings on her forehead. 

The others gave the girl odd looks. "Uncle... Legend?" asked the one with fancy hair. "I'm Luna Ordon... Malon's older sister? My mother was Andy? My father was...." Link's jaw dropped. "Luna? That's you?" Now everyone was staring at him. "I'm sorry... you two know each other?" asked the one with the mask. "Y - Yeah... Ranch Hand... Er... the Hero of Twilight... He was married soon after his adventure, and she was born. We got to meet her and her sister before..." Luna gave him a weak glare and stopped talking. "It was a really long time ago, but I remember you! You gave my parents my father's stuff after he..."

Ravio walked into the room, cutting them off. "Mr. Hero... uh... Queen Zelda is about to leave. She says she wants to talk to you in the next day or so.... If that's okay..." Link waved him off, and then put his face in his hands. "Yeah... You know what? Tell the queen that I'm declining her invitation... If she says anything to you, just point out that you and Rini are the king and princess of Lorule, and that I couldn't care less about what she has to say" The Lorulian seemed a little taken a back, but nodded and scurried off. "He's a king?" asked Leo, skeptically. Link laughed. "Only by title. He's Hilda's husband. A little weird if you ask me, considering that Zelda and I are... Nevermind.... I assume you didn't just come here to chit chat?"

"Unfortunately... no... As I'm sure you've pieced together, we're not all from the same timeline" said the one with the mask. "No... I assumed not. Mind filling me in on who exactly you all are? I assume you're the Champion's daughter, and you're the Old Man's..." They both nodded. "I'm Kokiri, sir, and this is Linkle" she introduced herself, and Link looked her up and down once. "Interesting name..." Leo interrupted him. "Actually... her real name is..." Kokiri cut him off with a glare, and Link couldn't help but chuckle. "Just like your father. How is the Old Man anyways? Grumpy I suppose if you stole his sword...."

"Dead" she answered simply. 

Link almost choked on air. "Excuse me?" he asked, sitting up a bit straighter. Once again, Kokiri's face held no emotion. "My father... was killed... along with my mother, a few years back" She may have been keeping her emotions at bay, but the Hero of Legend was visibly fighting back tears as he heard this. "The Hero of Time is... dead..." Luna nodded sadly. "I'm sorry for your loss" said Kokiri, realizing how much it must be hurting the man. Link wiped his face with his sleeve and let out a short laugh. "I should be saying that to you, not the other way..." she waved him off. "I wasn't close to my father. Not as close as you all were... Ironic isn't it?" He couldn't nod, he couldn't even move. "And Missus Malon... she's..."

This time, Kokiri had to keep herself from getting sad or angry. "Yes, unfortunately, they were both killed a few years ago" Link dragged his fingers down his face, and looked around. Leo caught his eye, but he didn't dare hold eye contact for long. He didn't need to show his son, who had every right to hate and despise him, that he was upset. He'd lost people before. This shouldn't be so bad... But something about this hit home for him. Something about losing Time... one of the only men he'd ever called father... it just tore him apart.

Generation: HeroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara