Accelerator episode 3

Start from the beginning

"A lot of it was probably reality, but trauma certainly made it stick in her mind far more clearly. Yoshikawa replies.

"So that's why she was quiet..." Accelerator mutters, recalling wondering why she had been silent. 

She still looks sad, closing her eyes. The motorcycle continues down the road, going pretty fast. 'That's the place.' Two doors, dark and solid looking. The headlight, covering the view before the wheel comes to a stop. A little dust is kicked up, and then the light and engine both turn off. Accelerator looks a bit bored and exasperated,  looking at the warehouse, his helmet already off. He moves away, his footsteps the only sound, as Esther takes the helmet off, staring at the building in front of her.

'This feels surreal. I never expected to come back here.' The warehouse is not exactly in bad shape, but neither is it in great shape either, the sky dark with stars above it. Accelerator is still moving, before he finally stops. He grins, staring at a section of the wall, reaching a hand up to turn his choker on, the light turning from green to red.

"Wow... She's still bothered by it. Like, I get it, but why would she go back so soon if she wasn't ready?" Mikoto asks.

"She wasn't ready.... She wasn't ready... She was pushing herself trying to be stronger than she had to be." Yomikawa replies.

"Plus, she wanted to be there. She had the option to just give me directions, but she chose to fuckin not. Wouldn't take a 'hell no' for an answer." 

"I can see why. She's trying her hardest to face her past. She just wanted someone else to be there with her." Touma states.

"Alright, why the hell are you smiling?" Yoshikawa asks, curious. That's the dangerous smile that she's learned means trouble.

"Now there's that old familiar smell." He starts for the wall, Esther turning to look at him.

"Hey, come on, the entrance is over here." He blows the wall up as she finishes, dust flying past him, as well as the sound of her tiny gasp. He looks content, almost, hand raised where the wall once stood, a rough shape wide and tall enough for him to get through. He walks in without hesitation, Esther moving to follow behind him, some ship containers and a railing to a walkway easily seen. The van from before is in front of them, torn in half, Accelerator stopping a couple of feet away from it.

"Huh?" He sounds honestly confused, though there's a bit of darkness in his tone as well.

"What the hell were you smelling that's familiar to have you smiling like that?" Touma asks, having a bad feeling about this. The van makes them stronger.

"Oh, no... They really did it? They went to the farthest depths to keep everything hidden..." Yoshikawa looks sad, covering her mouth. She is just as familiar with the scent, the scent one she's certain she would also recognize.

"Yeah, they really were. I hate the way they did things, but whatever. It's not like I can fix what they did or anything, but they certainly regretted my involvement once I got into it. Even I have lines I won't fuckin cross... These assholes crossed several." 

"I can see how... corpses are not something most will mess with, but they have... I don't think they were all there." Heaven responds. 

"What the...?" She sounds horrified. The corpse is shown, a puddle of blood already under it, his skull showing fully, his skin perhaps torn off and left around it. "Someone beat us. Nothing left, not even mind reading would help with him." He looks entirely too calm about it, and sounds it too, walking away to look around. Esther is still staring, letting out a small sound. The overhead windows again, moonlight shining through, footsteps ringing out, as he walks under them without concern. He stops shortly afterwards.