|20| young love and monsters

Start from the beginning

"Oh"

"You feel that and then you make your move" steve says while pointing his finger somewhere.

"So thats when you kiss her?" Dustin asks.

"Woah, woah. Slow down Romeo" steve says making me laugh.

"Sorry" dustin apologizes.

"Sure okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggresive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a......" steve trails off. "Like a lion"

"You know, speaking of kisses, when was you and Lucas's first kiss?" Dustin asks me.

"Oh uh" i stammer while i feel my face get red. "Well, my walkie broke during the thing at the school, and on Christmas, he showed up on my doorstep with a gift. We went in my room and he gave it to me and we kissed" i explain.

"Is that when you guys started dating?" Steve asks.

"No. We were official about 2 weeks after that" i explain.

"This girl i like seems a lot more complicated than that. Shes special" dustin says.

"Wait, wait, wait. Youre not falling in love with this girl are you?" Steve asks, stopping.

"Uh no, no. Definitely not." dustin stammers.

"Real convincing" i smile at him.

"You better not be. Shes gonna break your heart, and youre way to young for that shit" steve says.

We walk in silence.

"Fabergé" steve says, breaking the silence that had surrounded us.

"What?" Me and dustin question.

"Its Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner. And when your hairs damp.. its not wet, damp. You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcetts spray" steve says.

Oh dear god its his hair routine.

"Farrah Fawcet spray?" Dustin asks.

"Yep, farrah fawcet. You tell anyone that i just told you that and your ass is grass. Same with you Leah" steve warns.

"Wasnt planning on it, Steve 'the hair' harrington" i laugh, dustin soon joining.

We finally arrived at the junkyard and as we were dumping the bucket, lucas and max appeared. Lucas was waving at us screaming "I said medium well!"

I laugh and walk over. "Hey lucas, hey max" i say.

Lucas puts an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead. "Hey Leah" he says.

"Whats got you in such a good mood?" I ask, smiling.

"Because, we're about to kick some monster ass" he says.

We walk over to dustin and steve. "Dustin, come here" lucss says.

We go behind a car. "We told max about Will" i say.

"You told her about Will?" Dustin asks in disbelief.

"So what?" Lucas asks.

"So what?" Dustin asks mockingly.

"You wanted to tell her, too" lucas says.

"Yeah, but i didnt" dustin argues. "We all agreed not to tell her and to look for dart"

"Who you conveniently found" lucas says.

"Are you suggesting that I'm lying?" Dustin asks annoyed.

"Im saying you have a creepy little bond with him" lucas says.

"Yeah, that was before he turned into a demogorgon" dustin argues.

"And you havent heard from mike?" I ask.

"No"

"Or Will?"

"No"

"Hopper?"

"No! No one is around! Why do you think im with steve harrington?" Dustin asks.

We set up the bus, getting ready for the demogorgon, dog, whatever the hell they are. We walk in the bus.

Lucas goes on the top of the bus to keep watch. A couple of minutes later he climbs back down. "Hey leah?" He asks.

"What?"

"Can you come up here with me?"

"Yeah"

I climb up with him, the space was very small, and i was basically sitting on him.

He starts looking through the binoculars. I look up at the moon.

"Youre so pretty" Lucas says.

My cheeks flush red. "Thanks lucas" i smile.

He looks down at me and slowly leans in. Our lips meet. Its been a while since me and lucas kissed.

I grab his cheek and pull him closer. "Leah i need to watch" he says.

"Im sure we'll hear a demodog" i say and kiss him again.

We hear a rustling in the woods. "Down there!" I yell down. Steve goes out and starts to fight.

"Leah! I need help! Get your knife!" Steve yells.

I grab my knife and run down. The demogorgon thing starts attacking me almost right away. It bites my arm.

"SHIT! SHIT! GODDAMMIT!" I yell as the demogorgon runs away.

"We need to go!" Lucas yells as I get back in the bus.

A/n - prewriting was stressing me out, its not happening 😭😭

1194 words