friends, the ayanokouji group. (chapter 8 part 2)

(Throwback to the end of the study sessions, the day prior to Ayanokouji and Karuizawa's meeting)

(Horikita's perspective)

¨For today's lesson materials, that's about it.¨ I declared towards the study groups, signalling that the sessions has reached it's end. In contrast to what I've thought of their reaction though, my classmates stared at me in bewilderment. Others sighed in relief.

¨Horikita-san, about your suggestion of extending- I had earnestly thought you were going to implement it,¨ A few students pointed out. Although that may be true... I wanted to take Ayanokouji-kun's advice into account and not exert myself too much for the evening.

However, I was not going to say that in front of the whole class given that their impression of me was not exactly endearing.

I wanted to moderate and balance the time the class spends in both academics and leisure too. After lots of consideration, I figured that it would be a valid excuse.

Maybe sprinkling some appreciation would also do the trick?

There, I began on the podium,

¨There will always be a probability that I would tend to do something unexpected out of the blue, I understand. Even so, the efforts and contributions you all have made should be taken into account. For the remaining time today, all of you deserve to rest. Nonetheless, since the attendance is perfect for today, there will be no need for me to worry. The rest is up to your respective representatives. Thank you.¨ I bowed.

Following the closure of the sessions, plenty of faces lit up in glee as they slowly left the library. In the nick of time, the group Ayanokouji-kun and Yukimura-kun were hosting only remained in the library.

Wondering why their group had not disban yet, I strolled over to their location.

¨I uhm.. Are you guys facing any problems at hand?¨ I questioned.

¨Ah, Horikita-san,¨ Haruka greeted glumly. Glancing over in her direction, she expressed a rather distinctive face of complaint. On the other hand, Miyake did too.

¨Save us...¨ Miyake groaned in agony, crossing his arms and resting his head down in defeat.

¨Sigh, both of them had not made any progress yet...¨ Yukimura vented his frustration towards me as he flipped sheets of paper with the majority of red crosses rather than ticks on it. What to do?

Looking at Ayanokouji-kun for more context, he had no intention of helping to convey anything. I suppose...

¨Bare-minimum... I get it.. Also Yukimura-kun, I know that for a start they'll struggle in growth, but people will eventually get the hang of it.
There's no need to rush for today. Well, although the exams are a week ahead, it's more effective to save the rest for your next meeting.¨

I advised, particular of the time and urgency. Somewhere around the corners of my eye, I could see that Haruka looked up in surprise.

¨Alright, hopefully that'll be of help. But try to also study what we have revised so far. We can't afford to lose any of you in the class.¨
Yukimura concluded, abiding by my suggestion. The three members of the group sighed in relief and started packing their belongings to leave the venue. Yukimura-kun was the first to leave.

As Haruka-san brushed past me, I could feel a light tap on my shoulder, ¨Thanks, Horikita-san.¨

Miyake-kun who tagged along with her nodded as well.

In response to their gratitude, I turned around to see the pair departing from the library.

Taking a few steps forward, Ayanokouji-kun caught up to me.

His flawless motives (CotE)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara