friend or foe? you choose. (part 1)

(Ayanokouji's perspective)

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Fiddling around with her phone on my left, Karuizawa expressed a funny look. Curiosity caught up to me, as I eventually wondered if anything in existence would make her feel such a great sense of fury. Well, we were seated next to each other in a library setting, away from the crowds. It did cross my mind that Karuizawa would feel unaccustomed to this place, but there were no other options than the library when it came to discussing confidential topics in the day. However, regardless of how empty the library may seem during break time, one person in particular was bound to be hanging around here at this hour.

That was no other than Shiina Hiyori, from class C.

Despite being aware of the infuriated emotions my seatmate was emitting, I decided to glance around. We had to be certain that a single person was out of earshot. If information leaked, it would set additional obstacles from what I've already set for myself.

Not that I lacked trust in Hiyori, but I wanted to be cautious due to how both of our classes often rivalled each other.

Although I've surveyed the entire library prior to finding our seats, Hiyori was nowhere in sight. Strange. It was either that she had to confide in with her duties as peacemaker in class c or that she was not in the mood to read books today. It was unlikely for her to feel that way, though. Considering the amount of interest she had in books, which is quite astonishing to me.

Finally gathering her composure from whatever she had inevitably faced, Karuizawa sighed and eyed me in exasperation.

¨Ayanokouji-kun, are you sure about setting the plan in stone? It could gravely ruin her, potentially Ichinose too...¨

Karuizawa's shoulders sank. It was natural for her to sympathise with Horikita given that she was a victim of experiencing such vile predicaments too. She had even disregarded the fact that the both of them tend to contrast with each other,

¨...¨

¨Indeed, you're not wrong.¨ I answered. I probably should enlighten her on my ideas for her to have a better understanding.

However, before I could support my stand, Karuizawa cut me off and continued,

¨Say, Ayanokouji-kun, do you? or rather... has your bond with Horikita-san improved lately?¨

¨Not that she considers me as a frie-¨

¨She may be constantly dodging that title for her relationship with you, but at least try to get the hang of a girl's intuition.¨

¨Huh?¨ Hence, I got the sense that Karuizawa was not letting me resume anytime soon. I guess I would have to bear with her lecture for the time being. However, why was she restlessly tugging onto that topic of Horikita and I?

¨Let me ask you, why did you hand me over with the responsibility of scavenging for information? Well... other than my... parasitic attitude... But I'll eventually change that overtime, I hope,¨ Karuizawa questioned, as she reluctantly avoided eye contact with me while mentioning the couple of last words to her speech.

Right. One of her assets are her observing skills.

¨Right, you are observant.¨

¨Nailed that. Which is why I shall share some of my genuine opinions with you now.¨

Karuizawa as a mentor? I didn't see that coming. Huh... I'll just spectate and wait for the outcome then.

¨I know the success rate of your plans, but.. there are different perspectives when it comes to a story with aftereffects. Which means to say that despite executing for the greater good, you will be posed in a positive light whereas the other party will have to suffer as compensation...¨ Karuizawa rushed, slightly stumbling over her words. She had probably exerted her best effort to express these to me which was anticipated as she was deprived of experience when it came to being a mentor. But I praise her for that. On the other hand, her ultimate goal was to make me reconsider. Why is that so?