ice king's internal conflict. (the ADCB Chapters pt 3)

-

(Ayanokouji's perspective)

"Mm."

An unusual sensation caught me off guard, as it tickled my shoulders.

At present, no one was here except for myself.

In the meantime, I was cooped up in my room, patiently waiting for the day to end.

That was just mere irony.

If truth be told, I intended to kill time by fooling about in my room until 10p.m. arrived.

The sensation I felt just now could be associated with the feeling of apprehension.

A physical sensation that was a by-product of your instincts telling you that a storm is approaching.

The more I contemplated on it, the more it came off as a rather dark premonition.

Eventually, I decided to brush the feeling off out of spite, dismissing it as a vague implication that I was being moody.

I resumed scrolling through Instagram, keeping myself updated with the various affairs of the world in my smartphone.

Until I came across a rather humorous post that captured my attention.

'South China Morning Post'

'-King Charles narrowly avoids being hit by eggs thrown at him during public meeting.'

"For an old man, King Charles really is agile." I muttered to myself while watching the video on the royal family.

...

"Ayanokouji-kun, please let me in," A strikingly familiar voice taunted my eardrums.

Huh?

I anticipated no visitors today, so that was uncalled for.

The clinic I checked in at dawn advised me to take ample rest today, and so I did.

Organizing meetings that took a toll on my head was strictly forbidden for the time being.

Well.. if I excluded the fact that I had somewhere to report to later on, I guess I'll be able to consider myself as a 'law abiding citizen'.

As it stands now, I ought to identify whoever is standing outside.

Switching on the digital intercom installed on the wall next to my nightstand, a long black haired figure with an estimated height of 155cm loomed over the camera.

Suzune Horikita is the person standing on my doorstep at this moment.

The last time we contacted each other prior to now was when I called her before homeroom to ascertain my absence in class.

Perhaps she has urgent matters to confide in with me now?

The idea of it is likely to happen.

It seems that this is the answer to the foreboding feeling that conjured out of nowhere within me.

I walked towards the entrance of my apartment, and reluctantly welcomed her in.

-

Opening the door before me, I was greeted with a agitated expression.

Without a warning, Suzune gripped my right hand tightly.

Her gentle hands were cold, and it quivered.

"Kiyotaka. I know everything now."

"From the student council, to Chabashira-sensei, to the email, to class-b and d's pairing in the paper shuffle, to whichever class schemed against us.. I get the gist of everything now.."