𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚜

Start from the beginning

             Last night was a nightmare too.  Me and Maya were hanging out when she invited her boyfriend and his friend over.  Maya and her boyfriend went upstairs together, they wanted some privacy, and I was left with the boy I still don't know.  I was high, shock I know, and completely out of it.  I remember waking up with a sore body, and my hoodie was hanging over the side of the bed.  I knew we'd slept together because of the look on his face, but wether I gave consent or not, I can't remember...

            It's currently eating me alive.  The fact that I don't know if I gave him consent or not, or wether I actually even had sex with this guy.  I'm scared, and I regret my life decisions. I don't know what to do about it. I can't tell my dad, because I think we all know how he'd react if he found out his perfect daughter was doing drugs, never mind sleeping with boys... one thing I do know though, is that even if I consented whilst high, I definitely didn't mean it.

I look over to my right and glare at the book on my desk. It's not actually a book, it's a hollow box that I store my pills in. I quickly walk over to it and grab the bag of pills, rapidly popping one into my mouth. I can't really describe the feeling of being high. All I know is that it's good. Really good.

I sit down on my bed and flop backwards, letting the bed consume me. When I'm high, I tend to lose all control of my body, and that's what I like about it. I don't have to think before moving, I just move. I feel free, I don't feel alone, I feel euphoric. There's only one thing I don't like about being high, and that's the fact that I can't remember anything when I come down, according to Maya I also seem to tell the truth about anything and everything. Literally Everything.

I don't know how long I've been laying on my bed, staring at the patterns on my ceiling. But I hear the door open, and at some point I'm even convinced it's Jesus coming to take me back or something...

Jays POV

For the past four weeks, I've noticed a worrying change in my daughter. And although I've been preoccupied with work for most of the time, her change hasn't gone unnoticed. She's quiet, withdrawn, and rarely stays at home anymore. Sometimes I wonder if she'll just not come home one day.

Last night was the final straw for me though, she came home at around 1am, and I don't know what happened but she had mascara stains all the way down her cheeks, she didn't seem to notice me sat on the couch either. I questioned her as soon as I picked up on the unusual look, but she ignored me and ran straight to her room as if she was in her own little work. She hasn't been downstairs today, and it's evening...

I knock on her door before gaining no response, therefore I push her bedroom door open and step inside. I frown when I see Imogen laying on the bed like a starfish, her eyes locked onto the ceiling. I step forward, "hey..." I speak out. She doesn't even acknowledge my presence, "Imogen" I sigh and sit on the edge of her bed with my back facing her. I just wanna check she's okay.

She doesn't say anything, she doesn't even move, so I don't either. We sit in silence for around a minute until I feel a hand on my back. I turn my head to see Imogen looking at me, yet I'm nowhere near happy to see that she's staring at me.

I fully turn around and gently grab her cheeks, forcing her to look at me, "are you high?!" I gasp at the clear dazed look in her eyes. She shrugs, "why'd you care?" She mumbles. I can feel my heart rate picking up, "what'd you take?" I shake her head slightly and she swats my hand away. I shake my head and run a hand over my face, "I don't know, it's over there. Take one if you want, they're really good..." she points to her desk. I quickly stand up and dash over to her desk, instantly noticing the bag of multicoloured pills. My heart shatters at the sight.