chapter 5: he broke my heart

Shivani's pov :

"So... How are you going to do it?" Asked my friend 'Aditi', sitting on the same bench as me. We alwaysit together.

I've sketched him on a paper. And I'm planning to give it to him in the evening, and propose him." I answered while blushing.

"Good. I hope you won't back off." She crossed her fingers and said.

"No, this time I won't." I assured her. " Look!" I said and took out the paper pad from my bag. And wrote 'I LOVE YOU' at the bottom side of the paper. I showed it to her while placing it on my lap, I didn't want anyone to see it, before I propose him. Her eyes widen.

"This is amazing. It's like you pasted him as a wallpaper." She exclaimed. And I grinned, placing it back in the bag.

"I wish for your happiness." She said and hugged me. ' God what is it with her and hugs.' I whined.

"Thank you, now leave me otherwise I'll die because of suffocation." I said and patted her arm to leave me.

_________________________

It was lunch and I was searching for Ransh. Finally I found him. He was going somewhere but I stopped him by yelling his name. he stopped and I ran towards him.

"Shivani, what happened?" He asked.

"Um, can we talk for a sec." I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Can we talk later, if it's not imortant??" He asked.

" Just for one minute." I said.

"Okay! Tell me." He said.

"Are you free this evening? I want to show you something." I said.

"Okay" he said and left. 'Rude he didn't even ask me for time' I thought. ' no overthinking Shivani, don't look for excuses.' my inner voice scolded me. I went back to my class where Aditi was eating her food.

"OMG, I need water, this is so spicy." She screamed, and handed me her water bottle.

"What do I do with it?" I asked. She narrowed her eyes at me as if I've done a blunder by asking this question.

"It's empty you idiot. And I need water, so go and fetch me some water." She ordered me. I rolled my eyes and moved out of the class to the drinking water area. I was about to enter the drinking area when I heard some voices, and I stopped after hearing a familiar voice.

"I thought you love shivani." Said a female voice. This caught my attention. I know whose voice was this, her name is 'Sana'. She's the most annoying person of my life. She's in my class but we've never talked to each other. And I don't like her at all. She's the bitchy, mean type girl who would insult anyone who does better than her. She seriously does need to get out of her own world where others could be better than her. I was thinking about her when I heard a loud laughter. It was the laughter which I'm used to love but right now it was giving me an ache in my heart.

"Who? I?" Said the boy. It was Ransh's voice. "How could you think that??" He said and started laughing. A tear formed in my eye but I caught it before it fell on the ground.

" You were talking to her before you came here. I saw you." She said. "And I've heard about you, spending your most of the time at her house."

"She's my relative and I love her mom and dad they are the only relatives I have from my mother's side." He reasoned. "And Rajiv is my brother we don't share same blood or genes but, still he's my brother." I was standing there in shock I couldn't believe my ears. Then I saw Sana's friend elbowed her and made a head movement, directing towards me. Sana glanced toward me and smirked.

"So you don't love her? And you don't even like her." She asked, with an evil smirk.

"No, no I won't ever like her. Look at her then look at you." He said, gesturing  from her top of the body  to the bottom." You're beautiful, sexy. That's why I love you!" he said. And I froze. The words I was dying to tell him, he said them so casually that too to the girl I hate the most. " I'm shocked you think my standards are that low." He chuckled. I couldn't listen to it anymore, I left with tear filled eyes from there, without taking water for Aditi.

"Did you go to fetch it or make it." Aditi shouted, snatching the water bottle from me. I sat on the bench mindlessly. "Shivani, is everything okay." She asked worriedly. "Tell me!, What happened?" She asked again. And I started to cry. "Shush, it's alright." She said and hugged me.

__________________________

"How could he do that to you??" She shouted. We were sitting on my bed. After school, she wanted to accompany me to my house. So I had to tell her everything. I told her everything and started to cry again, .

"I can't believe he's such a jerk." She said and hugged me." Stop crying! He doesn't deserve your tears." I started sobbing. It took me one hour to stop the river, flowing through my eyes. Aditi left after my cry session, assuring me to call in the night to check up on me as if I'll suicide. Stupid girl! I laid on my bed and then closed my eyes.

I heard a knock from my door and I stirred in my sleep. 

"Shivani!" I heard my brother's voice. "Shivaaanii." He yelled this time and I opened my eyes, Throughing a pillow in his direction which he dodged easily.

"What do you want? Go away. I want to sleep." I said in tired voice.

" It's seven in the evening and you are still sleeping , mom and dad will scold me instead of you that I didn't wake you up on time for dinner. Now get up and come downstairs to have your dinner." He said.

I turned my face toward him and said "I don't want to eat." Then turned back putting a pillow over my face.

"What happened? Shivani. Is everything alright? Were you crying?" He asked turning me to face him.

"I'm fine. Let me sleep."I whined.

"No, you're not." He said. "Now tell me what happened." He asked, and I ignored him, trying to sleep. " fine, if you're not going to tell me then I'll ask your friend aditi. I'm sure she'll tell me." He said. I got up from my bad.

"I told you nothing happened. Why do you always have to poke your nose in my matters?" I yelled and stormed to my bathroom, shutting my door.

I came out of my bathroom, thinking Rajiv would've left but he didn't. He was sitting on the corner of my bed, waiting for me. I looked at him and said," I'm sorry I didn't want to yell at you." He's my brother how can I yell at him. I love him very much and he too loves me, he teases me like every other brother but I know he loves me more than anyone in his life, and I lashed out on him.

"It's ok! Come here." He told me, forwarding his one hand for me. I took it and he hugged me.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked after five minutes, and I shook my head.

"You know right, I'll break his or her nose, whoever is the reason for your tears." He said, I chuckled and nodded my head.

_____________________

I'm lucky to have Rajiv as my brother. He made me forget about my rejection but it was night now and I couldn't sleep, thinking about what he said on repeat. His words pierced my heart like someone has shot an arrow to it. It was aching badly. I was laying on my bad, placing a hand over my chest near my heart. I don't know when I started crying again, thinking about the ways to get out of his life. I want to forget him. I decided to leave this city, I told you earlier I'm a coward and one of my speciality is running away from the problems rather than facing them. 'But how will i leave the city? mom won't ever allow me.' I thought and went to sleep.