Chapter 13: Hope Hill

"What? Your hair's still blue? I'm surprised you remember me," Murayama said

"What? Your hair's still blue? I'm surprised you remember me," Murayama said. "Well, I guess you will never forget the guy who kicked your ass!"

---

Fuyumi sighed as she was with Fujio and his childhood friends hanging out in Grandma Sada's store a day after the whole fight between Housen and Oya High.

After the whole ordeal, Fujio had told her sister that he met the Housen's leader right before the fight between the two schools. Fuyumi wondered how small the world is, having these two meet like that. She was glad that her brother wasn't like her, he was easy to be trusted and make friends with.

A really good quality to be at the top. She knew Fujio wasn't kidding when he wanted to be at the top of Oya High School.

"Oh, I heard you fought Housen," Madoka stated. Fuyumi glanced at her in curiosity while her brother chuckled proudly. "But it was a mistake."

Fujio's smile faded and Fuyumi pressed her lips into thin lines as she suppressed her laughter. She was sitting beside Madoka and glanced at the teenage girl and then at her brother. "You're such an idiot!"

"Now, that's how you enjoy youth!" Masaya told Fujio and the latter brightened up immediately.

"You bet!" Fujio agreed.

"Why didn't you bring us?" Shinya asked. Fuyumi sighed at the brothers as the two are the same as Fujio.

"You're even more stupid! Don't go fighting with a bunch of students!" Madoka shouted at them. Fuyumi took the cup of tea that Yuki-san had given her. She casually sipped it while listening to the childhood friend's conversation. "You guys have other things to do!"

"Yumi-nee was there, though," Masaya pointed at the older woman. Fuyumi frowned and looked at him as she placed her tea down.

"I didn't fight. I was there to stop them," she casually told them.

Madoka nodded at her and then glanced at the two brothers again, "You were supposed to be working hard and saving money to build a house to live in with your mom, right?"

"Oh, that's right," Shinya said and chuckled. "I forgot that once a day."

Fuyumi tuned them out as she thought of buying a house in the near future. Well, for her brother and her mom. Also, maybe with her own family someday.

Like, with Murayama.

The girl froze and shook her head slowly. What was she thinking?

They haven't even had a proper conversation about their relationship status. The two of them have been so busy that they are just enjoying each other's company.