Chapter 2: Oakleaf

"So, did you guys roll around the dirt or

"So, did you guys roll around the dirt or...?"

---

Fuyumi groaned as she sat from her mattress. She was still not used to the time zone so the girl only slept for four hours and the sun is already up.

She immediately went out of her room and saw Fujio and her mother preparing breakfast.

"Ohayou," she greeted. Their mother smiled and ushered her to come to sit down with them and have some breakfast.

Fuyumi noticed Fujio staring at her. "What?"

"Your hair," Fujio said with a grin on his face. The girl tapped her bed hair to keep the strands down.

"Shut up," Fuyumi muttered and her brother just snickered as they continued to eat.

"What are you going to do today, Yumi?" their mom asked while eating.

"My stuff will arrive today so I might be busy unpacking them," she replied and put a rolled omelet in her mouth.

"Do you want some help?" Fujio offered but the older sibling shook her head.

"It's fine. Don't you have school?" she asked.

"Yeah, but I'll be going home early," he replied. Fuyumi frowned but shrugged it off as she kept on eating.

After breakfast, her mother left for work. Fuyumi already told her mom that she should stop working already but her mom kept on saying that she will be bored out of her life if she stayed at home.

Fuyumi wanted her mother to take a rest from work since she can already work for her family. She wants her mother to live and enjoy life instead of working every day.

Fujio, on the other hand, is getting ready to leave for school.

"There's a store a few blocks away if you need anything, aneki," Fujio told her and the latter just nodded.

"Okay, now get going," Fuyumi shooed him away which made the teenager laugh.

"Alright, I'm going," he said.

"Take care!"

Two hours passed by when her stuff finally came. She began unpacking it after the male staff put it inside their house. The girl sighed and smiled at the sight of her cameras. There are three of them and the oldest one is her digital camera which was a present from her grandfather when she turned seventeen.

Then the girl turned to a box full of her books and began taking them out. She stopped when she saw a familiar black leather album. It was old and holds a lot of memories from her youth. She loves taking photos of places and people that matter to her.