There was a long pause on Mensa's end.

"And your ex I swear... You couldn't miss him either?" The sarcasm was rich in his tone.

Xio sat back in her seat, holding her phone in shock, the positive vibe dissipating. Ivy kissed her teeth, whilst Shantel tutted and shook her head.

"What ex?" All the humour and happiness were quickly drained out of her words.

"You know who the fuck I'm talking about."

"We use to talk, Israel's not my ex. He was a surprise act, so I didn't even know he was coming out. Furthermore, I didn't want to see him." She was snappy, her voice lowering with irritation. But a minuscule part of her didn't mind seeing Israel either, not that she'd ever admit it.

"I'm just asking," he backtracked, but regardless Xiomara didn't appreciate his previous tone.

"Whatever Mensa." She rolled her eyes, looking at the scenery outside the window. The lights dotted amongst the rich, dark sky were especially capturing. "Is that what you've called me for?"

Mensa's lack of an answer made Xio even more annoyed. "Okay well, I'll talk to you tomorrow then. Bye." She hung up abruptly before he could say anything else, chucking the phone down on the passenger seat beside her.

"I don't know why he's acting like that, he's never even spoken to me like that." She complained, picking up a pack of skittles she had left in the cup holder earlier. Stretching her arms and passing some to Ivy, she flung a couple in her mouth.

"He's probably in his feelings cause you fucked with a rapper. But you didn't even know about Israel so it shouldn't really count. You know men and their egos... But anyways, at least Israel wasn't jealous." Ivy remarked jokingly, causing Xiomara to launch a skittle that ended up bouncing off the side of her head.

"He sounds really nice." Shantel remarked sarcastically, smirking at Ivy.

"He is nice. I don't know maybe he's just-." Xiomara stopped herself from making excuses she had a habit of doing that for people, and recognised it was something she had to quit. "Whatever. What were you talking about now Ivy?"

Distance blared through the car speakers as Shantel weaved through the low traffic. Ivy didn't pay Xio's question any mind, instead passing back a small rum bottle to Xiomara after backing a shot herself. The three friends were singing their hearts out to the fullest, their attempts were weak making them laugh even harder.

Ivy knew how this was going to pan out, she knew people were going to attack and mock Xio once they saw Israel posted up with the Winter girl. She didn't want anyone thinking her friend was crying over no man, she was genuine in her intentions. Deciding to capture the moment, Ivy recorded them singing with Xiomara jigging with the bottle in the back repeatedly shouting with Shantel. Shantel's hand were missing from the wheel as she sang passionately in her seat. 

"Cause when it gets like this I need distance, I'm on a 12-hour flight with just my feelings!"

They were even stretching out, Xio was caught on camera throwing her neck back and singing from her diaphragm.

"...Soon as I get to thinking that nigga done fucked you like I did. Licked and sucked you like I did, does he touch you like I did? Like I did?!"