CHAPTER FIFTEEN, i am not a crook

The next day of school Gwen stood in the hallway with her two best friends, the three of them trying to figure out what club they could join

The next day of school Gwen stood in the hallway with her two best friends, the three of them trying to figure out what club they could join. "Football?" Shawn asked. 

"No, no. Pain. Cleats on face." Cory immediately replied to Shawn's question. 

"What about modern dance?" Gwen suggested.

"No." Cory shakes his head. "Lots of girls. Tights. No." Gwen chuckled and rolled her eyes.

Shawn tilts his head to the side. "Drama club?"

"No. A lot of guys. Tights. No." Cory responded.

"Hey, guys." Kamden greets as he walks over to the group. "What's up?"

"Hi, Kamden." Gwen smiles at him. "We're trying to help Cory find a club." She sighs, shaking her head. "So far, we have no luck."

"Got it." Kamden nods in understanding. He glances at Cory curiously. "How about art club?"

Cory immediately shakes his head. "No. Not talented enough to do anything with art and I don't have the patience for it. No."

"Thanks for trying, Kam." Gwen sent a thankful smile to Kamden, patting his shoulder. 

Kamden shrugs. "No problem." He smiles at the trio. "I'll see you guys in class, I gotta get my books from my locker." He then shared a smile with Gwen and waved at the trio before he walked away.

Gwen sighs heavily, looking at Cory sympathetically. "Look, Cor, you can't just say no to every club we suggest."

"Neve is right." Shawn nods, handing the list he held to Cory. "And that's the list, Cor."

"None of these are me, you guys." Cory frowns. "I mean, here I am, going into my eighth year of public education and who am I really?"

Shawn shrugs. "You're you, you're Cory Matthews."

"Yeah, but there's no Cory Matthews club on here." Cory points out. "There's no club for ordinary guys who don't know who they are and aren't great at anything."

Shawn smiles. "So, start one."

A sad expression forms on Cory's face. "Uh, I probably wouldn't get in."

Gwen chuckles lightly, patting his shoulder to comfort him. "Cor, if you're the founder of the club you would already be in it."

The bell rings, signaling for students to get to class. "Cory, come on. You got a lot of good qualities." Shawn tells Cory as the three best friends made their way to their first class. "Hey, you're honest, loyal, and decent."

"Housebroken, too." Cory adds. He frowns. "I'm a stinking beagle."

Gwen sympathetically smiles at Cory and follows her best friends into class. "Alright people, this just off the wire. Elections for next year's eighth grade class president will be held next week." Jonathan explained to the class.