CHAPTER SIX, who's afraid of cory wolf?

It's Halloween

It's Halloween.

Gwen always enjoyed Halloween. She liked dressing up in different costumes and hanging out with friends more, but she also liked that she could get candy for free. There is a Halloween party that Gwen planned on going to with her friends. Shawn was going to go as Cory and Gwen decided on going as a cowgirl. She wore a blue and white plaid shirt that's tied in the front and a white tank top underneath. She wore blue jeans, cowgirl boots, and a cowgirl hat. Half of her brunette-colored hair was pulled back by a hair clip, her bangs were pushed to the side, and she also wore dangly earrings.

Shawn had to admit she looked really pretty. Well, she always looked really pretty, but tonight she looked extra pretty, and it was getting harder for him to deny his growing feelings for her. "Hey, Cor." Shawn greeted the curly-haired boy, opening the door to Cory's room. He let Gwen walk in first, and then he followed her.

Gwen looks at Cory with a grin and tips her cowgirl hat towards him, speaking in a country accent. "Howdy, partner." She and Shawn were dressed up and ready to go to the Halloween party, but Gwen noticed Cory wasn't.

Shawn glances at Gwen with an amused expression, and he glances at Cory, seeing he looked unamused. "You ready for the Halloween party?"

Cory shakes his head. "Please. I have no time for such things."

"Oh, come on. Come on." Shawn urges, grinning at Cory and outstretches his arms. "Guess who I'm going as. Okay, I'll give you a hint." He imitates Cory and points at Cory with both hands. "Wow, Shawn, I wish I was as cool as you."

Cory stares at him. "I'm sure I have no idea."

Shawn chuckles. "I'm going as you."

Gwen sighs and glances at Shawn with crossed arms. "If I knew you were going as Cory before I decided on a costume, I would've gone as Topanga, and not as a cowgirl."

"Nah, don't worry," Shawn assures her. He sends her a smile. "You look pretty." Gwen smiled back at him, ignoring the butterflies swarming in her stomach and how she felt her cheeks grow warm, which made her know she's blushing. Shawn's eyes widened at realizing what he just said, and his face turned a light shade of pink. He rubbed the back of his neck in a shy manner as he looked down in hopes to hide the fact that he's blushing.

"Mine's pretty cool too, right?" Shawn decided to change the subject and messed with the curly-haired wig he wore.

Gwen nods and chuckles. "Almost scary how similar you look like Cory."

"That's what I was going for." Shawn grins. He looks at Cory. "So where's your costume?"

Cory stands up from his desk. "I'm not going."

Gwen frowns. "What? Why not? Things wouldn't be the same if you didn't go."

"Yeah," Shawn looks at Cory with a sad expression. "You have to go."