Asher held his left cheek, shocked to the bones. He never knew Lilah would react to his words this way.

"How can you say that to me?" she questioned, emphasizing the last word. "How dare you question the love I have for my sister! We shared the same blood! Ate the same food and even slept on the same bed! Asher, what is wrong with you? I was worried enough to come here, sympathizing with you, but deep in your heart, you hate to see me! Are you blaming me for Asena's death right now? Do you think you love her more because you locked yourself up stinking like a poisoned rat? Do you know how much I loved my sister? She meant everything to me, everything!" Lilah stressed the last word so he will, in no doubt, understand.

A shiver ran down her spine as her mind raced with a million thoughts. Asher turned to Lilah, speechless. Not knowing what to say to calm her down. He just ran his fingers confusedly through his jet-black hair mindlessly.

"Do you know how much I miss her every day and try to move on, even though it suffocates? Do you? It hurts waking up every morning, knowing that your sister is no more. I find it hard every morning knowing that she will not be there by my side! And now you tell me I don't love my sister enough?"

Without uttering a word, Asher shook his head negatively. Taking another drink from the bottle at hand.

More tears stained her swollen face as soft moans escaped her lips through the suppressed sound of hiccups.

"Fine! Keep on drinking because I'm blabbing rubbish! It's no point arguing with you!" She snapped at him with a forceful sigh. About to go out, she turned back to him. Lilah grabbed the alcohol bottle from his hand and he jerked at her, confused.

"This is what you want, right?" She placed the bottle in her mouth and gulped down its contents.

"W... What are you doing?" his eyes startled at her confusedly. Making the sadness in his eyes vanish and his pouring tears stop.

She caught her breath, trying to control herself. "Does this prove my love for Asena? Does this mean I love my sister enough? Fine, let's drink! Let's get drowned in the ocean of grief and sorrows. Maybe then you'll realize who you are!"

Asher watched her gulp more content as if she was thirsty before coming. Of course, she was.

"Are you happy now? Does this prove anything to you? Tell me!" She snapped at him.

Asher stood up to her. His vision was blurry, making it difficult to see clearly. He felt the tears creeping out of his eyes as his mouth went salty-watery.

"Come here." Asher's voice muttered while Lilah held him in a soft hug. With her hand around him, she buried her face to his chest, weeping out her eyes, as the bottle dropped. The tears poured as painful memories whirled through her mind. Lilah could no longer hold the heartbreak. She'd forced herself to visit him, now this.

Asher placed his right hand to support her head as the great tremor overtook him. They cried into each other's arms. It took a while. Lilah pulled away from the hug with a red, swollen face. She looked down timidly, unable to look at him. They had never shared a hug and Asher was more of a boss to her than, a brother.

He gazed at her, and something pulled him closer. Her scent. She had the same fresh, flowery scent as that of his mate. The familiar one.

Asher's hot breath gave a tingling sensation on her neck and she felt a bulge pressed on her lower back.

'No... This is wrong.' A thought came up in her mind, but Lilah got stuck in his charms.

"What do you want me to do?" She whispered in Asher's ear. Tingles shot through his body from hearing those words.

"Stay with me," Asher said, with a rasp. Gazing into her blue eyes with sincerity. "Heal me." His word felt like a plea, yet, a command she couldn't say no to. Her body involuntarily responded.

His muscled hands snaked around her lower back to her stomach, slightly pulling her closer. Soft kisses trailed up her neck as Asher held onto her slim body. Their forehead touched each other, as their eyes focused on one another. With hard breaths held, and lustful eyes closed.

"Stay with me, Don't let go." Asher's husky voice pleaded, and Lilah's heart melted to his words. Her mind heated up, gazing into his sea-green eyes that were half-opened. Asher then tilted his head a little, planting a passionate kiss on her lips.

The texture of her lips was that of a ripe flower petal. 'How could it taste like wine?' He wondered, sipping on it again.

Lilah closed her eyes. A single tear rolled down her eyes as their lips moved in unison. Gradually changing from passionate to fiery lust. Lilah wrapped her hands over his head, bringing him closer to her and deepening the kiss. He pulled away breathing heavily, looking into her eyes again.

Asher's teasing kisses got intense with seriousness in his eyes. He flipped her over, with him on top. With a look in his eyes for approval, she nodded in agreement that he should proceed. Asher trailed his kisses from Lilah's neck to between her round breasts to her stomach. Then he took his gaze from her, kissing her lower and lower. Teasing her hot skin before opening her legs.

 Teasing her hot skin before opening her legs