6

My brain: do it.
Me: no, I'm not changing the season again.
Brain: why
Me: because.

The moon was high in the sky when Xenon woke with a jolt. He didn't remember having the nightmare again, which was odd.

He strode from the bed to the window and looked up at the moon. He kept staring, trying to figure out what was so weird.

He sighed when nothing came to mind. He took out his comms and messaged Xelqua.

Straighter than U: bro, you up?
Moves like jagged: yah, y
Straighter than U: are you in the overworld? Also what IS That username?
Moves like jagged: just heading up. Also what's wrong with my name? Yours is stupid.
Straighter than U: MINE is stupid?! Yours is from a song and it's not even the correct lyrics! Mine's about my face!!
Moves like jagged: It's supposed to be like that! Mine is also about my face!
Straighter than U: oh.
Moves like jagged: also, WE ARE BOTH GAY. EQUALLY GAY!
Moves like jagged: coming through the portal now. What did you need?
Straighter than U: I think something's up with the moon.
Moves like jagged: it is a bit odd. I can't think of it though.
Straighter than U: me neither

Xenon sighed, so that was fruitless. He pushed off the way the moon unnerved him. And tried to sleep it off.

Xelqua put his comms away. Now he could not stop thinking about the moon, it's like something was itching at the back of his mind, something's wrong, get Xisuma! But he shook it off, Xisuma was probably too busy to do anything for his anxiety. Because that was all it was, anxiety.

The next day, Xisuma exited his base to greeted by Grian. He knew something was wrong with Grian as he was shifting from one foot to the other.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Grian shifts, "is it that obvious that I'm nervous?"

Xisuma nods, "you're acting weird, what's up?"

"Do you know why the moon is growing?" Grian quickly asks.

Xisumas brain fills with static and he feels like he's about to faint, but he can feel his mouth moving. "Is it growing? I feel like I would have noticed."

Grian is confused. He knew that people who could work with the code, any kind of glitch would stand out a lot to them, even more so for an actual trained admin such as Xisuma.

Grian also knew that if Xisuma didn't notice the odd things happening, there was something worse happening than he thought.

Unless he was overthinking.

But, as he walked away, he saw the vacant look in his brothers eyes.

He was right.

Grian walked off. His hands glowed magenta as he opened a portal to his home. Not his base, his home.

Unlike someone who was not used to the climate, he didn't cough or flinch at the intense heat and smoke that he spend many years of his adult life in.

He transformed his clothes into his proper attire and his body morphed into himself.

He didn't bother with his mask, he had something more urgent to attend to.

He needed to speak to his father.

I have not updated this on over a year. For anyone who actually reads this. Please comment and tell me what parts of my writing I can improve on. I hope that I can get the inspiration to write more parts sooner than I have been updating.