Chapter 43: Wen Rouhan

Start from the beginning

⸞۞⸟

When their group arrived at the border, the Jiang cultivators were already in a dire situation. Most of them were seriously injured but were still fighting with all their will against the flood of unfeeling corpse puppets that Wen Rouhan sent to sow fear and chaos.

Honestly speaking, the Jiang cultivators were like ants preventing the ocean from entering their borders. No matter how hard they tried, no matter how powerful they are compared to these corpse puppets, they could not do anything to defeat their enemy's number.

Wei Wuxian was not surprise that Wen Rouhan was using his insentient corpse puppets to attack the border while his cultivators were attacking the Lotus Pier. Even though Wen Rouhan tried to cover it up, it was still becoming more and more obvious that the Wen Clan had already lost a significant amount of cultivators to fight this war.

Wei Wuxian nodded to Elder Heiying. He already learned from his past experience that showing too much power was not always a good thing. He knew that creating another artifact that could arouse the greed of certain people would be dangerous. And so, he could only bow his head and ask Elder Heiying to help him.

The Old Demon quickly understood. He closed his eyes and with the wisp of his powerful demon energy, the already exhausted Jiang cultivators one by one fell and lost their consciousness. With his remaining power, he managed to store everyone safely inside his spiritual space.

"Old Black, you are quite powerful!" Xue Yang genuinely praised the dog for the first time.

"Hmph!" Elder Heiying panned his chin to the side, obviously loving the praise but still trying to hide his happiness.

"..." This once again rendered Xue Yang speechless. But he also noticed that Elder Heiying was also doing this to hide his exhaustion. Not wanting to expose the old dog, he wordlessly picked him up and carried him into his arms.

Meanwhile, the group of corpse puppets that suddenly lost their targets looked around as though they couldn't control their bloodlust but didn't know where and what to attack.

Elder Heiying and Wei Wuxian cultivates the same energy as these corpse puppets and would consequently avoid their hatred. For Lan Wangji and the others, they could only hide their breath and suppress their Yang energy as they waited for Wei Wuxian to take action.

Wei Wuxian opened his hand, revealing the unholy artifact that was docilely resting on his pale palm. His eyes turned crimson as he sent an intent towards the tamer form of the Stygian Tiger Amulet. Slowly, the piece of iron seemingly gained its life and obediently floated above the battle field.

When the heaven sensed the appearance of the Stygian Tiger Amulet, the once bright sky suddenly turned dark as though a storm was brewing.

Lan Sizhui only heard about his mother's might from the history books. Seeing it with his own eyes was really a novel experience. He tried to suppress his emotions but his eyes still showed his astonishment.

In contrast to his restraint, Wei Wuxian's disciple, Xue Yang, didn't shy away in showing his admiration towards his master's ability. He opened his mouth and marveled at his master, thrilled by the power that Wei Wuxian was wielding.

Lan Wangji glanced at the recuperating old dog, shifted his gaze on the excited children, and finally, his eyes landed on the woman standing beside him.

Wei Wuxian raised his head and their eyes met. When Wei Wuxian casted a reassuring look towards him, Lan Wangji couldn't help but stare at those crimson eyes for a moment. In the end, he nodded in understanding, his trust evident.